Join now - be part of our community!

Vaio Update does not recognise your Vaio??

profile.country.en_GB.title
joel.h
Visitor

Vaio Update does not recognise your Vaio??

I've been having this problem since I first received my Vaio, whenever I try to run the update software I always get an IE window popup stating that my Vaio cannot be recognised:

"Dear VAIO Customer,

You have arrived at this page because VAIO Update does not recognize your VAIO.
This may be a temporary problem with the VAIO Update server."

I've been getting this message for about 6 months now so I doubt its anything wrong with the servers. Also I've tried to install updates manually through the website, but some of the more important ones (AMD Driver updates) fail to install, causing me quite a few issues as I can't run Open GL settings in Photoshop without windows explorer crashing and restarting, and several other things.

Anyone had this before and/or know of a fix?

Model number: VPCSA3T9E

Windows 7 Pro 64 bit OS

Cheers.

11 REPLIES 11
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi joel h and welcome.

I see there is an updated version of Vaio Update available for manual download on the Support website for your model.  Have you tried manually installing this?  You will find it under the Latest Downloads - Windows 7 Tab here: -

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCSA3T9E_XI/updates

If you have already tried that or it doesn't help, it may be time to contact Vaio Support to see if this is a known issue with a simple solution.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
joel.h
Visitor

Just tried installing the latest version and still getting the same thing.

profile.country.GB.title
aljacks67
Explorer

It would seem little has been done in a year!  I purchased a new Vaio this month (August 2013) and have the same problem.  ModelSVF1521C5E  Windows 8

bubblehead72
Explorer

I too have this problem. I've just purchased a Sony Vaio Fit Model SVF15A1C5E. On switching it on for the first time and selecting Vaio Update it informed me there was an update for the program and I couldn't continue until it had been updated. So I've tried uninstalling it, going to Sony support page and downlading the latest version for my model (dated 20/06/13). Installed this and exactly the same happens. It updates to version 6.2.1.03260 and no longer recognises my system.

Any ideas?

profile.country.NO.title
GenuineMex
Explorer

I, too, have this exact problem with my new Vaio Pro 13.

I've tried uninstall/reinstall of Vaio Update to no effect, and I've downloaded and installed a few driver updates from the Sony support site to improve trackpad and wifi. Also installed the latest BIOS offered by the Sony support site.

This isn't a major issue since the laptop works fine regardless, but a rather big annoyance since I like to know I have the latest patches and updates.

SHumayun
Explorer

I spoke to a senior Sony tech support the other day and mentioned this. He said it was a problem with the Sony server not being able to talk properly to windows 8 devices. Apparently they have this across all their laptops running windows 8 but not windows 7.

koop79
Explorer

There are multiple threads regarding this issue. Support told me to re-install vaio update which I did but did not fix the issue. They then told me to reinstall my enitre system lol. Why cant sony get ontop of stuff like this quicker ?

profile.country.NO.title
GenuineMex
Explorer

Hi everybody

Are there anyone who has successfully gotten this to work yet? 

If this really is a issue with the communication between Sony's servers and Windows 8, why in the world aren't Sony posting something about it? Seems strange that this haven't gotten more attention...

profile.country.NO.title
GenuineMex
Explorer

I got a new response from Sony Support, they are working on a new version of Vaio Update which should correct the issue.

They did not provide a spesific date/timeframe though...