Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FZ11M dedicated memory 8400m gt

petrinos
Visitor

VGN-FZ11M dedicated memory 8400m gt

I own Sony Vaio VGN-FZ11M. It was advertised to include a nvidia 8400m gt graphics card with 256 MB Dedicated RAM that can reach 1 GB ( by sharing part of the main RAM). However, when I click on the properties of the graphic card I am informed that the graphics card has 64 MB Dedicated RAM with maximum up to 800 ΜΒ VRAM.

Is it a hardware problem or an advertisement trick ? ? ?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi petrinos ,

As far as I can tell the FZ11m has an nVidia GeForce 8400M GT GPU - 64 MB and total available memory of 831MB..

You can see the FZ11M specifications by clicking on the following link: FZ11M Specs

Where have you seen it advertised differently.?

petrinos
Visitor

I have seen that page, but it does not specify how the video memory is divided into dedicated and shared. If indeed it has 64mb of dedicated memory then the place from where I bought it, was offering incorrect information as the laptop was mentioned to come with 256 mb of shared memory. Vendors should be more careful when presenting the specifications of their products.

I m satisfied with my laptop, but at least I should know that what I bought and not discover later that there are such issues.

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

If indeed it has 64mb of dedicated memory then the place from where I bought it, was offering incorrect information as the laptop was mentioned to come with 256 mb of shared memory. Vendors should be more careful when presenting the specifications of their products.

The more I look at the FZ11M's specs on the different internet sites the more confused I get.. :thinking:

Perhaps another FZ11M user can confirm their graphics memory.?