Join now - be part of our community!

When will the Sony Vaio E Series 15.6 inch laptop get the option for a display upgrade?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
jspjspjsp
Visitor

When will the Sony Vaio E Series 15.6 inch laptop get the option for a display upgrade?

At the moment it only has the option for a resolution of 1366x768. A little while ago they was doing a free display upgrade to a higher resolution, so it isn't like it is not possible. Does anyone have any information if it is possible for a display upgrade elsewhere e.g. if you phone up, or they will bring it in sometime in the future? I like the look of the sony vaio and the price seems great for what you get, but to be honest I'd like a better resolution on a 15.6inch laptop that what they offer at the moment. As I'm on a budget I can only really go for the E Series.

Any help would be great!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi jspjspjsp and welcome.

The higher resolution Vaio Plus screens are still available on the other E-Series models - the 17.3" and the 14" Vaios.

Both of these say 'Free Upgrade Offer ends 11 Mar 2013 while stocks last'. I presume stocks have already been exhausted for the 15.5" model.

You can try the sales line on 0207 365 2413 between 9am and 7pm Mon-Fri or 9am to 6pm on Saturdays. However, there are no 15.5" models available with the higher resolution screen at the moment.

http://www.sony.co.uk/customise/vaio-e-series

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi jspjspjsp and welcome.

The higher resolution Vaio Plus screens are still available on the other E-Series models - the 17.3" and the 14" Vaios.

Both of these say 'Free Upgrade Offer ends 11 Mar 2013 while stocks last'. I presume stocks have already been exhausted for the 15.5" model.

You can try the sales line on 0207 365 2413 between 9am and 7pm Mon-Fri or 9am to 6pm on Saturdays. However, there are no 15.5" models available with the higher resolution screen at the moment.

http://www.sony.co.uk/customise/vaio-e-series

:thinking: