Join now - be part of our community!

Current Walkman range

garry71

Current Walkman range

Does the current range of Walkmen still insert a gap in between songs like on my old NWZ-A818?

It's a bit annoying when listening to something like Dark Side Of The Moon which has tracks which run into each other.

Cheers

Garry

9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI Garry

I had a look into this yesterday (just never posted back) and I went through the specs of the walkmans posted on the Sony site and I cannot see anything to indicate what is called "Gapless Playback". I therefore conclude the following:

• Either gapless playback is not supported, or..
  • The specs dont list it either way.

My advice is to contact the Sony Sales team (or your nearest Sony Centre) and find out :slight_smile:

Cheers

garry71

Cheers Quinnicus, didn't expect you to pop up again!

I'll try the sales dept then.

ATB

Garry

Anonymous
Not applicable

Your Welcome :slight_smile:

Its just I have a lot of free time on my hands, bored and have no life :grin:

Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @garry71 

I did make a quick enquiry (and for other who are interested) - Unfortunately none of Sony's current range of walkmans support gapless playback.

Sorry that this is not the answer you were hoping for.

Cheers

garry71

Cheers Quinnicus, only just saw your reply, I was away on holiday.

I'll have to dig out my old Sony minidisc then, I think that used to play straight through can't remember now!  Sounds a bit better than MP3s anyway.

ATB

Garry

Hi Garry,

The NWZ-F886 definitely supports gapless playback.  It didn't when I first purchased it (it did with WAV and FLAC but not mp3) but I think a firmware update has allowed mp3 gapless playback to work.  It took me by surprise a little!

There have also been updates to Media Go so I don't know if it is one or both of these measures that has caused gapless playback to work.

No more massive WAV files for me...

James

profile.country.GB.title
jumpsuit
Expert

Thanks for the update mowzacakes :thumbsup:

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats great news and I also echo what Jumpsuit said above, thanks for the update :slight_smile:

garry71

Thanks for the info mowzacakes.  I've had a look at it, and it looks quite good, a bit dear though!  I've put one in my amazon basket so I can see if the price drops at all. I'll have to re-rip all my CDs to flac or wav if I get it!

Cheers

Garry