Join now - be part of our community!

It is not possible to obtain device's certificate(NWZ-B153F)

profile.country.fi_FI.title
kangaja
Visitor

It is not possible to obtain device's certificate(NWZ-B153F)

Hi all,

I  bought a Sony Mp3 player yesterday and I have been completely  unsucessful in my attempts to sync my songs from Windows Media Player 11.  The operating system I am using is windows vista. I keep getting the  same horrible message when I try to sync. It is not possible to obtain  device's certificate Any advice would be greatly apreciated

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
angillef
New

Me too. This is a common problem with Sony MP3 players. I have had several. I got a NWZ-E585 for Xmas 2013. Same problem with the majority of my music library. I have NEVER had this problem with other MP3 players I have owned eg Archos.

Give advice Sony. Your support on this is disgraceful.

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi I think this error is possibly being caused by DRM protection. What format are the files you are trying to transfer and are these files you have purchased online or ripped from your own CD's?

Another thing you could check is that Download usage rights automatically when I play or sync a file is not selected in Windows Media Players privacy options, although I am not sure if unselecting this option would then allow the problem files to tranfer to your walkman.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Catmambo
Contributor

As above post, sounds like its DRM related. Also try just drag & dropping mp3 tracks via windows explorer onto the device as its a lot easier this way.

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Ah forget to suggest drag and drop. Did either of you manage to add the problem files to your walkman?