Join now - be part of our community!

Nwz-z1060: Stuck on W screen

nwzz1060
New

Nwz-z1060: Stuck on W screen

I hope someone here can help me, as this shouldnt be happening  for a product that cost me around £200, should not have any issues

I bought the nwz-z1060, Oct 2012, so my 1 yr warranty is up, and I grudge paying anything to get my 1060 fixed, I might aswell buy a new one, but dont know if I would go with sony

MY current problem, and on check the web, I find out this is happening to other models, so surely someone here can give an answer

Now I have some idea, what the problem might be, but need someone to confirm this, so:

For the last week while listening to music, my nwz-z1060 switched it self of and rebooted, but it was constantly stuck in the W start screen

I have seen a suggestion on how to get the nwz-z1060 to reboot, by doing the following, hold start, and volume up, at the same time, and reset,  this will do a factory reset, and I have to download my apps again, this does work, but it dosnt solve the problem of my nwz-z1060, shutting down, and getting stuck on the W screen

So far this week, this has happened 6 times, now I have said I have an idea what the problem might be, so last week I bought my self the SBH-80 Bluetooth earphones, first few times using them, no problems

While in the gym, I went to select Bluetooth, and this is when my nwz-z1060 was stuck on the W screen

1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Im not exactly sure on whats going on with your Walkman, but instead of a factory reset each time (which I am sure is time consuming) have you tried the 'reset' button on the back of it.

More information : HERE

Other than that, you might want to consider contacting Sony Support : HERE

Cheers