Join now - be part of our community!

Sony GDX GD26 Car Radio problems.

profile.country.en_GB.title
T.J.H.
Explorer

Sony GDX GD26 Car Radio problems.

I have just bought a sony CDX GD26 car radio and it keeps changing stations automatically.

This means when I am listening to a traffic report, the radio automatically changes station!

Therefore I have to take my eyes off the road to retune.

How can I stop this or is this a design fault?

7 REPLIES 7
DSG4ME
Visitor

Turn off the TP and also turn off the function that selects the strongest signal, i.e select local instead of regional.

T.J.H.
Explorer

If I turn the TP off, surely I won't receive traffic information which is the main reason why I replaced the radio in the first place!

However, will try, test and report back.

Message was edited by: T.J.H.

T.J.H.
Explorer

Turned off TP no traffic reports!

The radio was set for local.

Problem still remains.

Driving along and the radio goes from one station to another, from news to classical music,

I also get two messages on the screen.

EON/TA which is not in the handbook.

And L.Seek+ which autoimatically changes the station from one to another, why?

Can't see the point in programming the radio to one station if it automatically changes to another.

I think it's a design fault.

DSG4ME
Visitor

TP will jump about when the unit detects a broadcast that's why I said turn it off, also the regional option will also make the radio jump acording to signal strength.

T.J.H.
Explorer

If the radio automatically jusmps to a stonger signal, this defeats the point of tuning the set into a station.

It will only jump to another.

Any idea what EON/TA means?

T.J.H.
Explorer

Stiull no responce from Sony but I did receive this sad email.

Dear TJH,

I’m excited to let you know that in just a couple of weeks we’ll see the launch of a new online community with improved discussion boards! The new online community will bring together a heap of new features that will not only make it easier to post and browse, but will also give us, as community members, more activities to get involved in. There will be everything fromcompetitions to useful things like master classes, tutorials and opportunities to collaborate together as a community.

Our new community space will be all about collaborating and sharing, and an example of this is the new ability to suggest content for and contribute to the best how-tos and FAQs picked from our collective experience. There will also be more opportunities to rank up your status, as well as supporting the community by suggesting and identifying correct answers and solutions.

The community will have a whole new look and feel too, as well as anawesome new search function that will allow you to effectively search throughout the whole community and easily find what you’re looking for.

I’m really pleased that our feedback and comments over the years have been taken into account. For an exclusive sneak preview of what’s to come, check out the link:

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/community/en/

I hope to meet you on the new online community and find out what you think!

See you there!

crimi8787 – Community Super User

My reply:-

crimi8787 – Community Super User

Please have the professionalism to tell me why you haven't replied to my question on YOUR forum at

Still no responce.
Hope this tells you all you need to know about Sony's after sales service and forum monitoring.
Don't spend one penny with Sont.

KeithPJ
New

I have exactly the same problem with a later model Sony radio in my Ford Kuga.   It jumps from the station I'm listening to, to something completely random (and ghastly).  I've tried to stop it doing this, but with no success.   I've given up using the radio altogether.   I play my own music via iPhone and Bluetooth   My satnav picks up the traffic jams and displays them, so I don't need the TA feature.

I don't think Sony cares one jot. 

I've just ordered a new car and specified "NOT SONY".  The salesman was surprised because they thought Sony was the premium offering, but I explained it to the salesman (and to some other customers in there, too).