Join now - be part of our community!

Sony MDRRF811 Wireless headphones

Sony MDRRF811 Wireless headphones

Hi all, I've just bought some of the above named wireless headphones and have just tried to use them for the first time.
They seem to have quite a substantial 'hissing' noise which runs continuously?
Is this to be expected or are they faulty?
I have tried both of the different settings but it is exactly the same?
Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Sounds like your having some reception issues.  Firstly try changing the channel on the transmitter and headphones.  See Picture:

Reception 1.jpg

Secondly, have a read through these tips to see if they can assist.

Reception 2.jpg

Cheers

Thanks for your reply. I ended up taking them back for a refund and they also kept turning off after 3-5 minutes and the only way of turning them back on was to unplug the transmitter from the mains,counting to 10 and plugging it back in again......for another 3-5 minutes!!!!!

Must have been a faulty set!?!

Does anyone have any suggestions for alternatives?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Yeah, sounds like they where a faulty set in the end. 

Depending on how far your budget stretches and for what purpose, but I would recommend the MDR-DS6500.  I have a pair and they are fantastic!!  No hiss, clear as anything.

Cheers

adamgin
New

sorry that im joining to this topic but i found difficulties with creating new one.

my question is:

does anyone know where to buy or get transmitter base for that headphones? my wife probably throw it to bin by mistake.

thanks in advance

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi

Ive had a quick search, but cant find the receiver on its own unfortunately.  A few months ago, i tried to find a set of Sony hheadphones, without the reciever and couldnt find any.  It apppears it is the same in reverse..

Cheers