Join now - be part of our community!

XDR-DS12iP clock radio

hehusle
Explorer

XDR-DS12iP clock radio

Hi there.

We have had the above clock radio with Ipod dock for quite some time and love it.  We used to have an Ipod classic which worked great with it, as does my daughters' Ipod Nano 6th Generation (the little square one).

It has the 30 pin connector, so I can't use it with my Ipod touch 5th gen.

I bought an adapter from Ebay, it was only £2.49.  It has the connector and the headphone jack, but neither the charging or audio works.

Can someone recommend an adapter that will convert my dock to work with the lightning connector please?

Do the new clock radios with the new connector have compatability with the 30 pin connector?  It looks like they do in the pictures, but they aren't very clear and there's nothing mentioned in the spec.

Obviously I don't want to have to fork out for a new radio (which is probably what Sony want me to do lol).

Thanks in advance. 

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi hehusle,
Welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

I have a similar Sony clock/Radio/Dock (ICF-C1iPMK2) & had a similar issue when I changed my mobile to one with the latest lightening connector & use currently use it to charge my iPhone 6.. I bought a lightening adaptor from the Apple Store & this worked without issue, can both listen to audio & charge the same phone..
Is there a chance that the adaptor you bought from eBay is not working correctly or maybe see if a friend has another one you can borrow to test..
hehusle
Explorer

Hi there.

I have tried the same adapter with a cheaper ipod that I had in the cupboard from ages ago, (it's a Memorex one and I think it was cheap and just bought it for a holiday), and it worked with this.

I was a bit hesitant in buying the proper Apple one, as they are £25 and it's a lot of money to spend if the thing didn't work. 

Heather. :slight_smile: