Join now - be part of our community!

XDR-DS16iPN iphone 6 compatible?

Arismac
New

XDR-DS16iPN iphone 6 compatible?

Hi is that product iphone 6 and 6 plus compatible and if yes, does it matter if the iphone wears a slim cover?

Thanx!

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Airsmac,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..

the XDR-DS16iP has a 30pin dock connector so if you want to use an iPhone 6 or 6 plus you would need to purchase an iPhone lightening adaptor..

Will it fit would depend on the the supporter, which I don't think is adjustable on this dock, I have successfully used an iPhone 5 & 6 with a lightening adapter in a similar Sony dock without issue so I would expect you should be able to do the same with your dock..

Hope this helps.?

Arismac
New

Hi, in all photos I see an 8pin not a 30pin!!
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

My mistake I was reading the specs for the XDRDS16iP & not the iPN..☺️

Therefore as long as the iPhone 6 fits onto the lightening port then I would expect that it would work ok but it might be a bit more difficult getting the iPhone 6 plus to fit due to the larger size..

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

In addition to the above, if the iPhone 6 or plus do not fit onto the docks port you could try using a 8-Pin Lightning Male to Female extension adapter which may give you a bit more room..

image.jpg

Arismac
New

Thanx. Before buying I d rather make sure I don't need adapter or anything. So the issue "ipn" is for lightning connector correct?
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

XDR-DS16iPN has an eight pin lightening connection..

XDR-DS16iP has the older 15 pin connection..

If you have an iPhone 6 why not visit a local retailer (a quick google lists Tesco, PCWorld & Currys) & try with your iPhone before you buy..😉