Join now - be part of our community!

Chrome Stopped Working

SOLVED
thmickens
Visitor

Chrome Stopped Working

Hi,

When I try to open Chrome, I get the following message:

"Critical functionality required to run Chrome is missing; either your Chrome installation is incomplete or not compatible with this version of Android."

Though I do not know what, some type of update ran a couple of days ago however, I have used Chrome several times since the update.  Perhaps some other update automatically ran without my knowledge.  I also have Lumosity installed and I am getting a message that it has stopped also.  

I tried restarting but it did not resolve the issue.  Any assistance will be greatly appreciated!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Thommo
Genius

You could try opening Settings then Apps and swipe to All then locate and open Chrome and tap on Force stop, Clear cache and Clear datat and reboot and test if that fails then follow the above again but this time tap on uninstall updates from the upper right corner and reboot and test

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Thommo
Genius

You could try opening Settings then Apps and swipe to All then locate and open Chrome and tap on Force stop, Clear cache and Clear datat and reboot and test if that fails then follow the above again but this time tap on uninstall updates from the upper right corner and reboot and test

thmickens
Visitor

Thank you so much!  I had to uninstall the updates and I'm now able to access Chrome again.  I truly appreciate your prompt and thorough response.