Join now - be part of our community!

Latest 251 update

SOLVED
Steve48
Visitor

Latest 251 update

I am seeing these reported issues with the latest 251 update, and was wondering if anyone has taken this update and NOT had any issues with it? I am a little reluctant to take this release if I'm going to have issues with the touch screen or the icons. Is there a way to rollback the upgrade shold I suffer similar issues?

13 REPLIES 13
profile.country.GB.title
AnnoyedWithSonyUK

It appears in the quick settings when in portrait orientation.

Jimroy
Visitor

My battery life is reduced since the update and I am having some screen issues. For example unresponsiveness or unpredictable actions or inactions.

I am unable to perform a repair via the Mac Companion as it hasn't been able to connect with the server since the update. There's an error there.

But this is all mild compared to how my Z3+ has been since the same update. 

benchong05
Visitor

I guess it is best for you to do the pc repair via PC companion on Windows instead of Mac.

Jimroy
Visitor

That was a good idea. Fortunately I have both operating systems on my Mac, so I did just that.

Whilst the PC version could not connect to the server either to update the software, I was able to do a repair. I did a clean install with the latest .251 update on my Z4 and Z3+. I lost a lot of my apps while backing up my Z4 however. Only a couple with my Z3+ which was strange. I have an Extreme Sandisk memory card in the Z4 and a Pro in the Z3+. The latter appears to be more reliable for backups.

It'll be good to see how the clean installs go. The screen is responsive again on my Z4 tablet which is great.