Join now - be part of our community!

LTE - Volume buttons, sound and apps

SOLVED
Ethereal
Visitor

LTE - Volume buttons, sound and apps

I guess this just another one of those issues that comes with having a phone OS installed on a tablet?

Using the volume buttons when on the home screen automatically adjusts the sound levels for the ringtone instead of the general volume level for like.. everything.. as it would otherwise be intended.

Also, when turning off volume completely through the shortcut button, sound from apps is still enabled.

Is there a workaround to this?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Managed to get the shortcut and volume buttons to work up to my expectations with these 2 apps.

Volume Sync Links the mute call volume to media volume as well (shortcut). Works for both mute on and off. (Free).

Volume Sync Pro Links all the different volumes together to go up and down together with ringtone volume (side buttons). Originally designed for mobiles, the UI can be a bit buggy on tablet and might not be able to select which volumes should be synced. Works well with sync all though. (Not free but relatively cheap)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

the shortcut its only for notifications not for media/alarm volume 

with that said, you can drag down the notification bar > long press volume > then you will get another option which will take you to volumes

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

you can add a volume widget, as the notification volume, alarm volume, media/games volume are different. 

Ethereal
Visitor

ok,  thanks for the tip!

However, is it just me or shouldn't turning off the volume through the shortcut be disabling ALL sounds?

profile.country.GB.title
Uliwooly
Expert

the shortcut its only for notifications not for media/alarm volume 

with that said, you can drag down the notification bar > long press volume > then you will get another option which will take you to volumes

Ethereal
Visitor

Found a couple of apps to enable the functionality of the shortcut and volume buttons to be as I expected, so I'm posting links here in case others stumble upon this annoyance.

Volume Sync will link the mute for call volume with media volume (shortcut). Works both for mute on and off. (FREE)

Volume Sync Pro will actively sync volume up and down for call sound through the side buttons to all the other volumes. Originally designed for phones, the options do not properly show up on the Z2 tablet, so it might be a bit complicated to choose which volumes to sync, but syncing all is relatively easy. (Not free but relatively cheap)

Ethereal
Visitor

found a couple of apps that enable the functionality of the shortcut and volume buttons to work as I expected. links below for other people who get annoyed by this.

Volume Sync links the mute call volume to the media volume (shortcut). works with both on and off. (Free).

Volume Sync Pro links all volumes together so that when you increase/lower volume with the side buttons it applies to all. The app is mainly designed for phones so the UI is a bit buggy and might not work to choose which volumes should be synced. However its relatively easy to link all together. (Not free but relatively cheap)