Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Xperia Z Tablet - Black screen on TV when using MHL adaptor

SOLVED
mrpxl17
Visitor

Sony Xperia Z Tablet - Black screen on TV when using MHL adaptor

Hi, I have now bought 3 different MHL cables 2 from ebay and 1 from Amazon. All stated they worked with the Sony Xperia Z tablet. But when ive tried it all i get is a black screen. Ive tried on 3 tvs using different HDMI cables but with all 3 adaptors i only get a black screen.

Has anyone else experianced this who could tell me where im going wrong

Many Thanks in advance

Pete

16 REPLIES 16
mrpxl17
Visitor

I used the PC companion to repair / rebuild my tablet. This issue has since returned to my tablet. Ive jsut rebuilt it again but this time its not worked.

Anyone from Sony able to give any more options to get this resolved?

Pete

djhonda
Visitor

After watching that video I just discovered that my Xperzia Z tablet doesn't have the HDMI connection on the side.

Why would that be?

profile.country.RO.title
_alexdon_
Expert

Check this link.Are you able to do that?

alexdon
mrpxl17
Visitor

Hi All, Another update. After this issue returned to my tablet i contacted Sony again who recommended i return it for a repair under the warranty. I did this 2 weeks ago and I’ve just had a call from the service centre who told me that it can’t be fixed as it’s a problem with the main board. They have decided to replace my tablet. Unfortunately they don’t carry stock so have had to order a replacement. Once they receive it they will send it out to me. They couldn’t give me a date but said it could be upto 2 weeks.

So if your experiencing this type of issue I’d suggest contacting Sony and getting it sent back under warranty

Bobbyboris
Visitor

hi

I have a Samsung MHL adaptor and I had similar problems with just a black screen. I found you have plug the power in first them the other cables and it worked fine on my Xperia Z tablet wi-fi. It has worked flawlessly for me since then.

birdxx
Visitor

removed by birdxx