Join now - be part of our community!

Xperia - The Xpensive joke

SOLVED
Cod
Visitor

Xperia - The Xpensive joke

Poor effort Sony, this Xperia thing has been a joke. My phone is buggy and the camera is terrible, the tablet is buggy and can't hold a connection to the keyboard it came with, no USB cable or charger with the dock, the phone and tablet won't transfer large files to each other, random restarts... I'll think of the rest later...

I'm sure this post will get about 13 reads and nothing will come of it, but I feel a little better having my rant. Samsung next time round I think
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vivo
Visitor

May be you are a looser, no one has same problems. As in my country say: you couldn't find your **bleep** with both hands ... (у тебя руки из жопы)

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Hampus
Champion

I'm sorry to hear that you experience issues.

I'm not sure which keyboard you are referring too. At the market I'm located at (Nordic market) there is no keyboard included for Xperia Tablet Z. The things that are included for a unit/accessory can depend on market too. As far as I know, there are no charger included for the charging dock (SGPDS5 Cradle) but you can use the charger that was included for your Tablet Z.

What is the phone model that you are using and how are you transferring files between your Tablet Z and the phone? What happens when you try to transfer a file? Any error messages or similar?

Cod
Visitor

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Transfering files between the devices is the least of my concern. I realise i can use the charger for my tablet but then I'm tied down to leaving it plugged into the dock and only charging where the dock is, hardly a mobility solution don't you think?

The main issue is the keyboard. I try to use the tablet as a mobile office which works for the most part but when the keyboard drops in and out it makes things awful frustrating. The model number is SGPWKB1. As I said it works perfectly with my laptop and it's even a pretty good little keyboard!

The phone is an Xperia Z as well C6603 and I was trying to use the NFC function when I saw that error. This is a minor issue I'm not too worried about but it's another one on the growing list.

It seems the most recent update has caused a few people a bunch of issues and I'm one of the lucky ones to have them all from what I can see. Screen flickering and Throw function broken being the two I noticed straight away.

Well I can't beleive it, I got all the way to the end of this post and the keyboard stayed attached the whole time!

Crossing my fingers when KitKat eventually gets to my part of the world it might resolve a few things.
Hampus
Champion

Regarding the bluetooth issue, have you tried to connect your Tablet Z to different bluetooth units? A headset/another keyboard or similar? Are you connected to a Wi-Fi network while using the Bluetooth keyboard? If you experience the same issue with other Bluetooth devices a technican might examine your unit.

Otherwise, just like you said, wait for the KitKat update to see if this update can fix the issues that you are experiencing.

Cod
Visitor

Unfortunatley I don't have access to any other BT units. I have read about people having issues with WiFi and BT being on at the same time so have experimented around that with no joy. I have had the tablet replaced and my experience is the same. This tells me it's more than likely a software issue.

So my Xpensive tablet will just have to sit about in the hopes it might get fixed with the next round of updates, whenever that might be. At least it will be sitting in its nice new dock, which seems to not charge via USB port and must be plugged into the main charger.

Cod
Visitor

Wisepilotre things...

1. Haven't tested this one yet but I'm reading some Xperia devices have had some sort of Android backup function turned off so backup apps often have issues.

2. Started Wisepilot for Xperia for the first time, it told me my internet settings weren't correct and that was it. No options, no suggestions, not even a button to quit.

3. MediaGo is clunky and slow to update libraries. It also has nothing directed at multiple devices so the 3 PCs and 2 Xperia devices all have to be synced individually.
Cod
Visitor

Weird cursor jumping issue screwed up the first line of that post, something else to add to the list.

And still loving this screen flickering btw 🙂 So glad Album and Movies are betting updated all the time, much more important than seeing the screen properly.
Cod
Visitor

4.4 arrived for my phone! Excellent!

3 days and about 18 restarts later, all my apps keep crashing and my keyboard is taking an average of 3 mins to load. 

I'm done Sony, never again. Thanks for all the help and recommendations, really outdid yourselves here in the support forum.

Vivo
Visitor

May be you are a looser, no one has same problems. As in my country say: you couldn't find your **bleep** with both hands ... (у тебя руки из жопы)

mickthebike
Visitor

My tablet works fine, none of the software has problems and it interacts with all my other hardware perfectly. I don't understand why a 5 week old table only had 4.22 installed though.