Join now - be part of our community!

A200 images missing :-(

profile.country.en_GB.title
IshhPhotography.co.uk
Visitor

A200 images missing :-(

Hi, 3 year old a200 using Sandisk 8GB card. Images viewed on screen but when I got home the camera said no images. Any ideas? Desperate for a solution, lost some fantastic shots today.

IshhPhotography.co.uk
6 REPLIES 6
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello and welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Do any images appear when the card is inserted into a PC using a memory card reader?

If there is a chance that the memory card has somehow been damaged or that the data has become corrupted, it may be worth checking out the free tool that Sony offers to see if memory card data can be retrieved - I cannot guarantee that this will work but this method has recovered some 'lost data' for other users in the past:

http://www.sony.net/Products/memorycard/en_eu/datarescue/index.html

Thanks,

Simon

IshhPhotography.co.uk
Visitor

Hi Simon, nothing from the reader and also tried various recovery software. It's as if the shots never existed. Recuver found some old shots that had been deleted but none of the new ones. The 8gb card was only showing as 3. somthing. I'm totally stumped, lost some great shots of white Lions.

IshhPhotography.co.uk
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

When you say that the shots were originally viewed on the screen, do you mean that they appeared for a second or two when they were taken or did you scroll through them and view them manually? If you have only seen them just after shooting, it is possible that they only appeared whilst it was attempting to write the image to the memory card (i.e. as a quick review) and for some reason it was unable to finish adding the data to the SD card.

Thanks,

Simon

IshhPhotography.co.uk
Visitor

Scrolled through a couple and they were there. I'm hoping it's the memry card and not the camera.

IshhPhotography.co.uk
sophia1134
Visitor

There might be some issue with your card mafraid that it is corrupted with some virus.

Message was edited by: sophia1134

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Link removed

Mick2011
New

IshhPhotography.co.uk wrote:

The 8gb card was only showing as 3. somthing.

This is typical of non-genuine cards, I'm afraid. Fakes often have a claimed capacity much higher than the actual capacity of the card; depending on the 'quality' of the card, you may or may not experience intermittent data failure as well.

Check your card against the examples on this wiki: http://www.overclockers.com.au/wiki/Fake_Memory_Cards

Cheers

Mick