Join now - be part of our community!

Sony a57 Steadyshot error- help needed....

profile.country.GB.title
Sonylicious8
New

Sony a57 Steadyshot error- help needed....

SONY I need HELP SOny a57 continuous Error.jpg

one of my friends dropped my Sony a57 on the floor but luckily no external damages have been made neither to the lens or to the body. The camera seems to work fine but an error seems to continuously appear on screen at all times and the flash sometimes acts up and doesnt take right away!! I tried initializing- taking out battery, changing memory cards but nothing.  What can I do??????

Tags (3)
5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Sonylicious8 :slight_smile:

There is a chance that there has been some sort of internal damage to the camera body and this may be why resetting the camera etc hasn't got rid of the error.

Usually, this kind of damage wouldn't be something that is covered by the warranty (unless you took out an accidental damage product at the time of purchase) but at the same time, the Sony Customer Services team would be the best place to contact to see if a repair is possible and if applicable, what the costs would be. Full contact details are in this thread:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Bear in mind that should a repair prove costly, you can always ring around other independent repair centres for quotes.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.GB.title
Sonylicious8
New

Thanks for your fast reply. Ive just noticed that whenever i set it to manual focus and i zoom all the way in the small steadyshot logo keeps flashing and after a bit the camera shuts down.....so you think that it might be the lens instead??

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi :slight_smile:

It's not likely to be the lens, as the SteadyShot mechanism is in the camera body. If it's shutting down, it's probably because it's overheating. Internal faults involving SteadyShot usually do have a heat-related problem.

You need to get it repaired, basically :neutral:

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
Sonylicious8
New

hey

yeah im gonna give it in this week for a checkup- but the weird thing is that the camera is only 1 month old and I have yet to use it for long periods of time so i doubt it was overheating.

ill keep you guys posted on the result so this forum will know for future references which i can imagine someone will experiecen this as well!!

cheers

profile.country.sv_SE.title
boredotter
New

Could be internal damage in the camera that you cant fix :smileysad:. My friend dropped mine too after a WEEK. I turned it in straight away and it has come back flawless. Problem is that Sony had to rebuild the factory's before they could make spare parts for it so it took two months before I got it back, if you are unlucky you might have to wait the long to and it you don't turn it in the problems might worsen.