Join now - be part of our community!

A77 LCD - no image!

profile.country.GB.title
ARtee2
New

A77 LCD - no image!

I have just purchased the a77 and I can't get an image on the LCD screen. Either I've missed something really obvious or the camera is faulty to be returned. I've scanned through the menu sceens (via viewfinder) and can see nothing untoward.  Settings menu -Finder/LCD display is set to Auto. Can't access 'Live View Display' on menu. Any thoughts as to what I've missed? Many thanks.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi ARtee2, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

You'll get a black screen with certain camera settings, although the only default setting I can think of is having the camera set to Manual exposure and the exposure settings set too dark for amnything to appear on the screen.

It would be an idea to reset the camera to factory defaults: go to Setup 3 menu > [Initialise] > [Reset Default] – this will reset any/all changes you may have made.

Hope that works

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
ARtee2
New

Thanks for the welcome Mick2011 and the assistance. Tried the reset - no joy. The LCD screen has not lit up at all since I first switched on yesterday, very odd. It would appear perhaps I have a dud, although I've never heard or seen this before. I guess I could call Sony Support on Monday (are they usually helpful?) before I pack the kit up and return it for replacement.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Yes, by all means call them. The may be able to suggest a possible cause I hadn't thought of and keep you right as regards getting a replacement.

Good luck

Mick

profile.country.GB.title
ARtee2
New

Thanks Mick, if you think of anything else I could try I would very much appreciate it. If I can get it to function that would save me a lot of hassle returning it to Amazon for replacement. Enjoy your week end, many thanks.