Join now - be part of our community!

A77, very slow image processing

profile.country.en_GB.title
adhanjal
New

A77, very slow image processing

Hi

I have just bought Sony A77,  inspite of many good features, it i s nightmare to use it. Image processing is so slow, sometimes it just hangs up, inspite of the fact that I change to 12M pixels from 24M.

Every time I take a pic it take so long to be able to take the next one, as processing is so slow. When I go to display the image I have taken, there is no action for upto half a min, I have press the display button again, then it just hangs up and I have switch the camera off and start again.

At one time tried ot delete a pic, it came with a screen 'deleting' and I waited for more than a min, finally I switched the camer off. When I switched it one again, it was still deleting.]

I don't know how to get help from Sony, website gives no access point when things go wrong with a new camers.

Is there anyone out there can suggest me what to do.

Best wishes

AD

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.sv_SE.title
cypher73
New

Hi!

I don´t recognice the problems you are writing about.... But my guess is that your memorycard is broken or that is sometihing wrong with your camera.... You can try another memorycard and update your firmware in the camera...Alternative is that you resets your camera to factory settings. If this doesn´t help your camera probably are broken and you should talk to your dealer where you bought the camera... Hope everything solves for you!! Because this camera is a very good one...

Best regards Torbjörn

Message was edited by: cypher73

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi guys, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

What Torbjörn says is right... the a77 is a pretty fast camera in use, as long as you have a fairly fast card in it.

Can I just confirm that you're not using burst mode or anything other than 'normal' single-shot mode/settings?

One concern I usually raise in these cases is that you are using a genuine branded memory card. There are a lot of fakes around, unfortunately, which can cause anything from write speed issues to capacity failures. You can check your card against known counterfeits using this wiki: http://www.overclockers.com.au/wiki/Fake_Memory_Cards

Cheers

Mick

profile.country.ru_KZ.title
TrophyGeek
Visitor

Make sure you're running the latest firmware, too. It should be 1.05.

And if you're going to get a new SSD card, I *highly* recommend getting a USH card. The 95MB/s speed is very noticable with the Sony A77.