Join now - be part of our community!

Firmware v4.0 Problems,NTSC/PAL Selector missing

trochios
New

Firmware v4.0 Problems,NTSC/PAL Selector missing

I updated to firmware v4.0 from v3.0 and after that, I reset the camera settings and the camera defaulted back to NTSC. When I wanted to change it back to PAL (I live in Europe) the option to change it was gone... And on top of that, after the update the replace batteries stopped showing the percentage... Can't guarantee the safety of this battery bs.. I use Patona Premium. On v3.0 everything was working fine.

PXL_20230913_192804449.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
TheMaze
Community Team

Hi,

Can you tell us what's the model of this camera to be able to help?

profile.country.GB.title
SeanCarr
Explorer

Yep facing this problem too. Not an issue with my A7III but facing this problem with my FX3. Sony better be working on a fix for this.

ethfol
New

I have been folllowing these threads as a FX3 user (bought in north america) who needs both NTSC/PAL. I wrote sony support and got a new response:

Hi Ethan,

I had the team run a test on one of the FX3 bodies we have. Please see link: https://we.tl/t-cglNY9tnRz

This is on a regular production ILMEFX3 unit sold in North America. I also had a colleague that's at the NYC Creative Space event confirm this on a different unit that he had there, also running V4.0

To be completely honest I do not have enough information to confirm if firmware is different on a unit from a different region but if you purchased yours from an authorized dealer in the US will have the NTSC/PAL selector in the Menu per helpguide.

(the link is a video of a FX3 showing the firmware version, and demonstration successful NTSC/PAL functionality)

I am wondering if anyone has data points to confirm or conflict with this stance:

Does someone have a North America bought FX3 who has upgraded to Firmware 4.00, and can report that NTSC/PAL selector is still there? (or not)

People who have lost the NTSC/PAL selector, where was your camera bought?