Join now - be part of our community!

Focus bracketing on Sony A7IV missing

profile.country.DK.title
Itnisse
Explorer

Focus bracketing on Sony A7IV missing

Is it possible that there will be a software upgrade so that it will be possible to do focus bracketing on this model?

Or is it only for very expensive models.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

Actually I expected a lot of software update for A7iv due to his great (?) hardware power abled to be developed (such as for A1, also if I don't have but it's the reference of what sony can do with his platform).
In the real world no new function or really better function has come. The only "main update" is just for the creator app's compatibility (I found a lot of differences on the usability of the "standard" functions of the camera, not all in the better direction, but it's only my opinion).

At this point, with an hardware 2 years old, I'm not sure that Sony is developping any more A7iv. Maybe that a A7v (to be competitive with R6 and Z8) is coming.

So, also if your question is a little bit hard to answer, my opinion is "not, focus stack and pixel shift probably are reserved to "R" line in this moment"

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hi Itnisse, since this is a user based community, "I don't know" would be the major answer of the users, it's better to pass your feedback through to Sony directly: https://services.sony.co.uk/supportmvc/en/Contact/Email?cat=mobile&tab=Tips 

profile.country.DK.title
Itnisse
Explorer

Thanks for the suggestion. Sent to Sony. 😊