Join now - be part of our community!

NEX Alpha owners: What improvements would you make to your camera?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
p4ult212
Contributor

NEX Alpha owners: What improvements would you make to your camera?

We constantly strive to improve our products so we’d really appreciate your feedback on what changes you would make to your Sony NEX camera to make it even better.  Whether it’s to do with the design, usability or specific features just let us know what camera you use and what changes you’d make

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi p4ult212,

not sure if you have noticed the current NEX5 wish list thread or not..

On the off chance you haven't here is a link - Nex-5 Wishlist for the next firmware update!

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi p4ult212,

not sure if you have noticed the current NEX5 wish list thread or not..

On the off chance you haven't here is a link - Nex-5 Wishlist for the next firmware update!

profile.country.ru_RU.title
AntiLamer
Visitor

Make Electronic viewfinder!!!

Please!

profile.country.GB.title
GreggLonewolf

It's been said before in other posts, and prior to the version 4 firmware update, but here's what I'd like to see on the next NEX update :

FULL MANUAL EXPOSURE CONTROL WHILST IN MOVIE RECORDING MODE

(i.e.: being able to manually control Shutter Speed AND Aperture AND ISO in Movie Recording Mode,using the Manual Program setting).

PLUS :

THE ABILITY TO ADJUST THE EXPOSURE AND / OR SHUTTER SPEED AND / OR ISO-RATING WHILST IN MOVIE RECORDING MODE - not just using EV + and - settings to 2 stops.

FINALLY:

TETHERING AND / OR A WIRELESS REMOTE CONTROLLER THAT ALLOWS REMOTE STOP / START OF THE MOVIE RECORDING MODE AND ADJUSTMENT OF EXPOSURE / SHUTTER SPEED / ISO WHILST IN MOVIE RECORDING MODE.

If you're serious about giving customers what they want, this has been asked for fora while now.

Here's hoping somebody listens, otherwise I'll be looking elsewhere for my future camera needs.

Gregg.

Jay.Guadagni
New

Hotshoe adapter!

hihi2u2
Visitor

In Camera Stabliser ! So we can have smaller lens and better use of older legacy lenses ^^

Martin_C
Visitor

For the NEX-5N I would like to see the following:

- level gauge as on Canon G12

- automatic switching to JPEG mode if I make a selection that is not allowed in RAW mode

- ability to save custom settings

- some kind of super control panel so that all the main settings can be changed from one screen, as in Olympus PEN cameras

- exposure bracketing of more than +/- 0.7 EV (why not +/- 1 or even 2 EV?)

- option to allow touch focus and shoot with one press

- make more use of the width of the LCD - it's quite big but the effective viewfinder seems small to me

profile.country.ru_RU.title
aleksey_ka
Visitor

I'm using my NEX-5N for astrophotography. The sensor is great, the size is right. There are many things in the camera that are clearly done with this kind of usage in mind. But to make it a still better competitor in the field with Cannon and Nikon DSLRs the following features would be invaluable:
     1) Longer autimatic exposures (before BULB): ..., 60", 120", 240", 480", BULB

2) Longer series in drive mode: 10s / 5 shots, 10s / 10 shots, 10s / 25 shots, 10s / 50 shots

3) Enabled IR Remote control in drive mode
     4) Camera control from computer would be also great

To keep the user interface concise the above features could be hidden by default and turned on by some some single switch in the camera settings like: "Astrophotography Mode", "Long exposure photography extentions"...

The first three items seem simple enough for a firmware update )

brbooth82
Visitor

I have the Nex 7 so personally I am interested what could be included in a firmware update. I would like the ability to disable the video button. Quite an irritation when one keeps catching the video button while shooting stills. The ability to store complete custom settings would also be favourable.

Brian

profile.country.no_NO.title
noisytoys
Visitor

Would be great if you could incorporate a timelapse function for the next a77 update.