Join now - be part of our community!

NEX-C3: cannot download pictures on MAC

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Arka--
Visitor

NEX-C3: cannot download pictures on MAC

Hi there,

for some reason my camera is not being seen by my computers (both MAC). I have not updated the software of late, so the problem must lie with the camera.

Both computers are running on 10.6 and I used to be able to downaload from the camera into iPhoto without problems.

I have tried different USB cables and ports, but no change.

Any suggestion?

I kept getting a message on the camera saying "memory full" so I deleted a few pics in the off chance that was the problem, but no joy.

Thanks,

Arka

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi Arka, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The simplest solution is to take the memory card out of the camera and use a USB card reader instead. Some Macs have SD card slots built in (iMac, MacBook Pro, etc) so you may already be set up for this.

If you have any problems locating a card reader let me know, but any kind will work. You should find iPhoto sees the card as an external drive and allows you to import from there as normal.

Cheers

Mick

Message was edited by: Mick2011

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.no_NO.title
lisa198754
Visitor

Hi, Arka.

I met the same problem last month.

The NEX-C3 recorded video file is MP4 format and Mac surpports the MP4 format. In my experience, the  reason is Resolution. You'd better keep all footages from Sony C3 in the same Resolution.

If not, you can try to download a VLC to play the videos. Or use a convert tool to convert these video to MOV on Mac.

Thanks.

Message was edited by: lisa198754

Mick2011
New

Hi Arka, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The simplest solution is to take the memory card out of the camera and use a USB card reader instead. Some Macs have SD card slots built in (iMac, MacBook Pro, etc) so you may already be set up for this.

If you have any problems locating a card reader let me know, but any kind will work. You should find iPhoto sees the card as an external drive and allows you to import from there as normal.

Cheers

Mick

Message was edited by: Mick2011