Join now - be part of our community!

PAL & NTCS dilemma

SOLVED
profile.country.sv_SE.title
saneeye
Visitor

PAL & NTCS dilemma

Hi guys!

As a modern filmmaker I make movies for the web and not for TV (mainly). Therefor I would greatly appreciate the option to choose between PAL or NTCS. I assume that the hardware is the same and that this could be changed in a firmware upgrade. Please let us choose how to record our movies. People who feel the same way please raise your voice and make this happen!

Thanks for making an awesome camera otherwise, it's simply amazing!

Br Sander

(Regarding the NEX-5n)

Message was edited by: saneeye

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Person details removed

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello saneeye - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

As far as I am aware, there are hardware factors involved as well as software tweaks which would make a firmware upgrade unlikely to add the option of switching between NTSC and PAL. There are however various software options available for converting captured video.

I have seen some other users on here with a similar question before which is a positive thing as development staff at Sony look at these boards on a regular basis. If there is sufficient demand, there may be a model released in the future that allows the user to choose based upon integrated hardware that offers both.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello saneeye - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

As far as I am aware, there are hardware factors involved as well as software tweaks which would make a firmware upgrade unlikely to add the option of switching between NTSC and PAL. There are however various software options available for converting captured video.

I have seen some other users on here with a similar question before which is a positive thing as development staff at Sony look at these boards on a regular basis. If there is sufficient demand, there may be a model released in the future that allows the user to choose based upon integrated hardware that offers both.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.sv_SE.title
saneeye
Visitor

Thank you for the answer! Thats to bad about the hardware, guess I will have to do my movies in 25/50p from now on. I hope the internet doesn't mind! :slight_smile:

/Sander