Join now - be part of our community!

Sony a6700 Luminance Noise

SOLVED
profile.country.GR.title
Chrismoz
New

Sony a6700 Luminance Noise

Hello, I recently bought my Sony A6700 but I have a problem when I'm shooting raw photos. They have a lot of luminance noise but when I shoot on jpeg everything is perfect. Is this normal? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

RAW file require that you have to develop them.

The most depend from the software you are using for, and his settings. After that, your postproduction ability.

On JPG file the most of worth is to the camera that make all his photo elaborations.

If you are so far from a good result you can try to start with official sony developing software (imaging edge desktop) that apply almost the same postproduction of what JPG do.

After that you can try to do a similar develop process in your preferred software.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

RAW file require that you have to develop them.

The most depend from the software you are using for, and his settings. After that, your postproduction ability.

On JPG file the most of worth is to the camera that make all his photo elaborations.

If you are so far from a good result you can try to start with official sony developing software (imaging edge desktop) that apply almost the same postproduction of what JPG do.

After that you can try to do a similar develop process in your preferred software.

profile.country.GR.title
Chrismoz
New

Thank you for your quick response. I fixed luminance noise in Lightroom but I thought that camera by itself should give me cleaner photos. 

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

It’s normal that brand’s software are more accurate in color and denoise, in the other site general software producers offer additional features.

You have to choose 🤷‍♂️