Join now - be part of our community!

Sony a77 picture viewing screen slows down for a while

profile.country.ru_RU.title
anatolymar
New

Sony a77 picture viewing screen slows down for a while

Hi all, i want to know, anyone have this problem: with live view enabled the subject is very bright, then when viewing the image on the screen slows down for a while, over time, lets go and everything is fine. Either it was removed by pressing the menu button, view, etc. On firmware 1.3 everything was perfect. After updating to 1.4 this problem has been appearing more often, now is 1.05 and is very rare, but still.

Tell me how to fix it? Whether to contact the service? Or not worry?

I apologize for my english

Thanks your attentions

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello anatolymar - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I see that you have the latest version of the firmware (1.05) which is always the first thing that I suggest anyway.

If the camera performance is getting slow in this manner i.e. it is taking a long time to move from one menu or screen to another, this may indicate some kind of fault within the camera and it is definitely worth contacting a service centre to see if there is anything that needs to be examined. I see from your profile that you have a Russian account for posting and so these are the contact details for your region:

http://www.sony.ru/support/ru/contacts/dime

I am pretty sure that this is the correct page for Russian users. No need to apologise for your English - my Russian is far worse :slight_smile:

Thanks,

Simon

anatolymar
New

Thanks for the answer.

I would like to clarify that all the buttons in the menu functions work well and quickly. Slow going on the screen only when a lot of light on the subject matter and only when "Turn on" Live View. If Turn off, that`s slow i have not seen. As I see it is not enough buffer. As an example, it can be compared as in watching a movie on the computer when the video card can not handle, and is delay of frames. After a while I'll post the video.

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

If the screen in peforming in this way, I would definitely advise you to contact customer services using the link in the previous message as it sounds like the camera is struggling to handle the Live View feature.

Thanks,

Simon

tetrapackage
Visitor

Hello.

Does it mean that it lags whenever you changed from a darker background to a lighter one or vice versa?

profile.country.ru_KZ.title
theleo11
Visitor

Hi

thx for the help can you send me the link for my country

https://imagicon.info/cat/12-13/Question04.gif

anatolymar
New

Hello. That lags was if models a very lighter and i take darker picture.