Join now - be part of our community!

Sony does not support MaxOS 13 Ventura

profile.country.GB.title
RoyH1957
Explorer

Sony does not support MaxOS 13 Ventura

I have been told by Sony in a response to a support request that they do not support MacOS 13 Ventura. This is unbelievable. Most if not all Mac users will be running on Ventura given it came out last June. Why cannot Sony Offer to support its users with software that runs on current operating systems. Shameful.

10 REPLIES 10
profile.country.GB.title
busterbboy
Explorer

Could this be why I cannot connect my Sony A7Rm4 to my MacBook pro?

profile.country.GB.title
RoyH1957
Explorer

My A7r5 connects in USB mass storage mode. It's only the software I am having issues with.

profile.country.GB.title
RoyH1957
Explorer

Actually just did a check. The camera say's it attaches but the iMac does not see it. I have just been taking the card out and putting it into a reader to load photos

profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey guys, the quickest fix is to use a compatible OS, by the way, this is a user based community, if you want to pass feedback you better contact the support directly. 

profile.country.GB.title
busterbboy
Explorer

"I have just been taking the card out and putting it into a reader to load photos" - hmmm, makes you wonder why bother with the app?

I took my A7r4 to professional camera repair shop -Fixation in London - and they said, yep, Sony Imaging Edge doesn't work with Ventura. Other people have found this out the hard way, after 'upgrading to Ventura'. Other apps too.

So they offered two solutions (apart from taking the card out and sticking it in, no good at all for my purposes.

Either I could call Apple support and have them guide me through going back to an earlier OS; or else getting a trial of Capture 1. This I did, and Capture 1 knocks Imaging Edge out of the ring. It's great if you want to tether or shoot remotely. It's then really easy to export to Photoshop etc.

Downside: it's quite expensive, £24pcm or £299 for life.

Rajendra
New

Hi Sony ! 

Recently I upgrade to latest version of Mac OS Ventura and I also found that it doesn't support  Imaging Edge.

How long we have to wait?

profile.country.GB.title
danardeng
Contributor

A historical hatred of Sony towards Apple persists.
The compatibility problems will continue to exist on iOS and macOS until the Sony softwarists insist on designing applications on Windows/Android and then going to try to adapt them to macOS/iOS.
It is an infinite story.

Take a look at the impossibility to update many cameras and lens with too many macintosh OS 🫣

profile.country.GB.title
busterbboy
Explorer

Give up, and switch to Capture 1 if you want to connect toa Mac with Ventura upgrade.

profile.country.GB.title
busterbboy
Explorer

As I suggested elsewhere, give up and download a free trial of Capture 1. This worked for me.
I then have to decide whether I want to buy a lifetime licence for £299, or subscribe monthly for £24.
I'll see during the trial run.
Hope this helps!