Join now - be part of our community!

Sony lens problems on A65 or A77

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
BrianB32
New

Sony lens problems on A65 or A77

I have recently had two Sony lenses break with very similar faults when attached to an A65. The first lens is a SAL1680Z which stopped focusing while in use with our A65. The lens is locked at infinity. The second is a SAL1650 which focuses but will not zoom. This was also attached to the same camera when the fault was found. On this lens the zoom ring rotates (although not fully) but the picture doesn't change. Is this just a coincidence? The SAL1650 is normally used on our A77. We have other lenses that continue to work OK on both cameras.

Having suffered with early Sony DSLRs breaking Minolta and Sigma lenses in the past I am nervous that this is the beginning of more breakages. Anybody have any similar experiences?

Otherwise we have been very happy with all our Sony cameras and lenses.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

I have had some feedback from Customer Support at Sony and they have advised me that there are no known issues involving this camera when used with these particular lenses. Because of this, they have advised me that if you wish to contact Customer Services at Sony and book them in for a repair, they will be able to take a look at the camera body and lenses to try and diagnose what the problem is.

To contact Sony, the details are contained within the following forum thread:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello BrianB32 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

I am not aware of any outstanding issues with these particular lenses but to be on the safe side I am going to escalate this to the Sony support team to see if there is any further information available. Once I hear back I will let you know.

Thanks,

Simon

blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello again :slight_smile:

I have had some feedback from Customer Support at Sony and they have advised me that there are no known issues involving this camera when used with these particular lenses. Because of this, they have advised me that if you wish to contact Customer Services at Sony and book them in for a repair, they will be able to take a look at the camera body and lenses to try and diagnose what the problem is.

To contact Sony, the details are contained within the following forum thread:

http://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/message/651957#651957

Thanks,

Simon