Join now - be part of our community!

Still Photos on Sony TRV900E

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Poppelwell
Visitor

Still Photos on Sony TRV900E

I am trying to capture still photos from my Sony TRV900E with either a Memory Stick or a Floppy Disc but when I go to memory and scroll to PHOTO SAVE it has NOT READY alongside and I cant get passed it. Any ideas please.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mick2011
New

Hi Poppelwell, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Photo Save is used when you wish to copy a still frame from footage that already exists on your DV tape. You need to have a working PC card inserted. The [NOT READY] error would suggest the camera has not made a proper connection with either the card or the disk adaptor, or you have no footage ready to record.

If you want to capture an original image without recording to tape first, use Memory Record instead. The procedure for this is outlined in the user manual on p.131. If you don't have a copy, you can download one here.

Shout up if you need any more help :cool:

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Mick2011
New

Hi Poppelwell, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Photo Save is used when you wish to copy a still frame from footage that already exists on your DV tape. You need to have a working PC card inserted. The [NOT READY] error would suggest the camera has not made a proper connection with either the card or the disk adaptor, or you have no footage ready to record.

If you want to capture an original image without recording to tape first, use Memory Record instead. The procedure for this is outlined in the user manual on p.131. If you don't have a copy, you can download one here.

Shout up if you need any more help :cool:

Cheers

Mick