Join now - be part of our community!

Strange pixel effect on all photos

profile.country.GB.title
DistantMelody

Strange pixel effect on all photos

Hello everyone :slight_smile:

I have a Sony SLT-A77V camera. I nearly always use a tripod and a remote control for added steadiness. I have a polarizer for the nice deep blue sky effect. I can always see a pixel effect on my photos. Here is one as an example:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=648980398470611&l=90284b1105

Close up:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=648981998470451&l=df5f54c211

It is rather upsetting when I do my best and get these results. What could be the reason?

I wanted to go into Stock photography but it turns out they are quite particular about this sort of thing and my images wouldn't be acceptable due to the pixel effect.

Please help me to fix this problem.

DistantMelody

40 REPLIES 40
profile.country.GB.title
JapanMan2
Contributor

I couldn't see any issues with the photo, it's a beautiful shot. :tongue:

profile.country.GB.title
DistantMelody

Thank you Japan Man :slight_smile: I do not think the photo is correct or perfect with the grain pattern. I would like to eliminate this problem urgently.

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

I couldn't see any problems either, perhaps the effect is not so noticable when they are uploaded.

profile.country.GB.title
DistantMelody

Thank you nobody-in-particular. What about the enlarged picture of just the sky? Could you save the picture to your computer and enlarge it?
Bieomax

Hi, I cant see the pictures as this computer blocks facebook but just wondering do you have steadshot turned on or off when using a tripod?

do you see the pixel effect on our own computer? or after they have been uploaded to facebook?

also how do connect to the internet? (normal adsl? mobile dongle? etc)

Have the images already been rejected when submitted to a stock agency?

what size image are you uploading?

Sorry for all the questions but hopefuly they may narrow down / take away some of the reasons which can cause unwanted/unknown changes to images (eg, facebook has/had its own compression thing which can cause quality issue like pixelation/ some internet providers like O2 compress images to save on bandwidth thus lowering image quality/ some monitors/viewing devices dont have the colour gamut to show the full range of similar colours and inturn make gradients of colour look pixelated)

another thing which may help is if you can crop an image down to the area which shows the problem and also tell us what level of zoom the crop is.
profile.country.GB.title
DistantMelody

Hello Bieomax

Thank you for taking so much time. :slight_smile:

The grain effect is visible on my computer before
I have edited or uploaded the photos. They appear that way straight from the card.

I always use steadyshot, even with tripod. Is that bad?

I was unsure about sending the images because of this problem, so they have not seen them yet.

I connect to the internet by WiFi and my internet is fibreoptic broadband.

How can I attach the photos to here without Facebook?

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

@DistantMelody wrote:
How can I attach the photos to here without Facebook?

Hi DistantMelody,

there are a couple of options..

First to post an image in a thread..

Click Reply (not Quick reply) in this thread then click on the Tree.JPGicon..
In the Window that pops up click on Browse and navigate to where your image is located on your PC.

Once selected click Open wait for the image to load then click on Insert Image..

Anther option is to upload your photos to the Photo Gallery attached to this forum, click on the following link to open the Photo Gallery , then click on New Photo to upload your photos..

Once your Photos have been added to your Gallery simply add a link to your reply as you did before..:smileywink:

profile.country.GB.title
DistantMelody

Thank you Thalamus

This is an image at 100% (cropped)

DSC00103cropped.jpg

profile.country.GB.title
DistantMelody

This is the uncropped image.

DSC00103.JPG