Join now - be part of our community!

Unequal pauses in timelapse

SOLVED
profile.country.da_DK.title
thmid07
Visitor

Unequal pauses in timelapse

Hi, so I'm standing on this rooftop making a timelapse with my alfa55 camera. Suddently, after 30 pics, my camera starts to break the rythm I have set (1 pr sec) and start making a 2 sec break every 5th picture. I have turned on the manual focus and turned off the lcd-screen, I've set the camera to s-function, iso 100, 1/1000, f3.5 and I'm using an class 10 sd memory card, I'm using a remote from Yongnuo but that one is not the source (tested on another Sony camera) what could be the problem, anybody?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The a55 is usually ok with timelapse, although many people just shoot 'normal' video and 'squash' it. Ive never heard of this problem with this camera.

A couple of possibilities: first, are you sure you have a genuine branded memory card? Fakes don't perform as well, and they're almost hard to avoid among certain online retailers.

Second, there's a chance you have a memory buffer issue. If the lapse interval remains at 1s when shooting lower resolution, this could be the problem; however changing resolution doesn't reduce the possibility of it being a card performance issue.

Finally, I'm not familiar with the Yongnuo unit and it's possible the problem originates with that :thinking:

That's all I can think of right now; let me know how that squares with your experience.

Cheers

Mick

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

The a55 is usually ok with timelapse, although many people just shoot 'normal' video and 'squash' it. Ive never heard of this problem with this camera.

A couple of possibilities: first, are you sure you have a genuine branded memory card? Fakes don't perform as well, and they're almost hard to avoid among certain online retailers.

Second, there's a chance you have a memory buffer issue. If the lapse interval remains at 1s when shooting lower resolution, this could be the problem; however changing resolution doesn't reduce the possibility of it being a card performance issue.

Finally, I'm not familiar with the Yongnuo unit and it's possible the problem originates with that :thinking:

That's all I can think of right now; let me know how that squares with your experience.

Cheers

Mick