Join now - be part of our community!

Sony Winter Cashback and Very.co.uk Proof of purchase Issue

profile.country.GB.title
VP2023
New

Sony Winter Cashback and Very.co.uk Proof of purchase Issue

Hello, 

I purchased a Sony A 7 C with 28-60mm Kit lens after checking that Very.co.uk are participating retailers under Sony's winter cashback 2022 campaign. As I tried to submit my claim today (post 30 days from date of purchase), I noticed Sony have made it quite tricky on what they would accept as proof of purchase. 

Very have only provided me with a 'order confirmation', a delivery note and a payment advice but neither of these documents include their VAT number which seems to be the key criteria that Sony has listed under their claims procedure. I also have my credit card statements which show the transaction. 

I have reached out to Very, who have not been very forthcoming in providing with a proof of purchase with VAT details or an invoice as they don't seem to provide this to their customers and they are also baffled as to why Sony would not accept Order confirmation or Payment advice or a credit card statement.  

Having spoken to Sony CS, they will only accept proof of purchase that shows VAT details which I am struggling to get out of very.co.uk 

Is there anyone else who has been in a similar situation or has managed to resolve this as I really want to avoid to going through the consumer law complaint, credit card dispute and false marketing.

Look forward to hearing from someone who knows how to solve this stalemate.

Best,

VP

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
HannahEd01
Community Team

Hey VP2023, along the years, in all of Sony campaigns, they always required VAT receipts. Not only that, but you don't have a valid warranty without it. It is, to my own surprise, awkward, that VERY are not willing to provide a VAT receipt, they're paying VAT, collecting VAT, then why would they deny you your right?! 

My advice is to go back to Very and escalate the matter further before the ending of the campaign's registration period. 

mpa1383
New

Did you manage to resolve the situation? What invoice did you use in the end?

SoManyIssues
Explorer

Interesting post. A year or two ago I purchased A7 IV followed by 70-200 GM II lens, from Jessops (Glasgow) also with cashback vouchers. On trying to redeem them I was literally given the runaround by support wanting proof of purchase requiring photos of item, sales receipt etc. Even though I had registered those items on MySony. When i conveyed this to the "support" person I was informed they do not have access to that information. So what exactly is the point of registering on Sony site? To minimise this story I just gave up on trying to redeem vouchers. Great products Sony, unfortunately some aspects of the company are sorely lacking. 

Piscie
Community Team

Hey @SoManyIssues, registering the device on MySony has nothing to do with redeeming the vouchers I'm afraid, there is a registration link to redeem your vouchers which requires registering the camera on MySony first, then you should be able to submit the vouchers after attaching the required info/docs.