Join now - be part of our community!

VAIO applications and "WEB"key

Azzuris
Visitor

VAIO applications and "WEB"key

First of all greetings, people! I`ve recently bought a VGN-NW21 and it is awesome, but i have some questions.

1. I want to install a different OS (Windows) and I cannot find where i can download my vaio applications (Gate/upper bar etc). Do you know if i can burn them to a cd or download them from somewhere? And no, I don`t want to use Microsoft`s upgrader - i want to use my own OS CDs.

2. If I install a new OS will I loose the "WEB" key feature. The one that starts a Sony browser without running the OS (15 secs WOHOO! :D). It is the most incredible feature and I dont want to loose it. I asked a friend and he suggested that it may be written on the BIOS not the OS so I wount loose it, but I want to be 100% sure.

Thanks in advance for your answers =] (OMG I HAVE A VAIO ^^)

P.S. I forgot my third question:

3. I seem to experience slow connection when I remove my battery and use only the adapter to power my VAIO. I`ve heard that its good to remove the battery when you are using it as a desktop for a long time. Is it true and what can I do about it? (Also heard that MACs experience the same problems - NET lag plus system lag)

5 REPLIES 5
ash_c64
Visitor

Hi there if you do a clean install you will lose all the pre-loaded vaio software including the Vaio Gate... The web button Should work just fine...

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

If you want he vaio gate app. i can send it to you if you like...

Please remember that this is a Sony forum and that piracy of copyright software is illegal.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
ash_c64
Visitor

Sorry didnt realise that is illegal as they already had the software but lost it due to reformating... They own a sony vaio which should have these software already.. will edit post.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Sorry didnt realise that is illegal as they already had the software but lost it due to reformating... They own a sony vaio which should have these software already.. will edit post.

Thanks ash_c64.

Just to clarify, original software is only licensed under the original OEM operating system or 'upgrade' thereof.

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.ro_RO.title
bogvaio
Visitor

SO that means that if i format and install another os i can`t install vaio GATE?

That is unfair man .

For example i curently reinstalled my os and can`t find anywhere vaio gate and i don`t think this is fair.

I bought this laptop , i should  have acces to accesories like software ,for it, even if i want to put Windows 7 ultimate, home edition, LINUX ,Ubuntu ,Windows Vista, Windows XP ,or any other os that is out there.

Message was edited by: bogvaio