Join now - be part of our community!

VPCEB2Z0E/BQ Not Powering Up

profile.country.en_GB.title
Limbo1964
Visitor

VPCEB2Z0E/BQ Not Powering Up

I have just received a SOny Viao VPCEB2Z0E/BQ from our stock (we are a computer reseller)

When I press the green power button the green light flashes slowly on and off but nothing happens (no screen activity, no whirring of hard drives or other lights)

After a few / quite a few minutes the laptop suddenly comes to life.

The laptop is logged off and turned off correctly and not left in sleep or hibernate mode.

When just restarting the computer it starts up first time. This unusual problem only happens when the laptop has been left for a few hours, however, when the laptop eventually comes to life there is still plenty of battery charge showing.

We have also tried disconnecting the battery and mains power and then reconnecting the battery / battery and mains power and also  tried connecting with just mains power and no battery with the sam,e issue arising.

Help please.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I think you will have to give Vaio Support a ring and see what they say.  It sounds like there is a fault with the Power Board.  It could have been a faulty battery but you have tried it with the battery out and just mains power connected.

The Power button on its own it is either solid green when the Vaio is turned on or flashes slowly Orange when the Vaio is in sleep mode.  The only time it flashes green is in conjunction with the charging light when the battery is low.

:slight_frown: