Join now - be part of our community!

New Walkman Range

profile.country.GB.title
paulmc01
Explorer

New Walkman Range

Hi all, it looks like the uk is getting the short end of the stick again.

US is advertising nwz-a17 as 64gb built in for $300 and the uk gets nwz-a15 as 16gb built in for £190.

Not much difference in price but a huge storage difference.  Why is the uk treated so badly?

Thanks,

P

3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

I dont know much about the new range of Walkmans yet, but believe that storage can be expanded via a MicroSD card.  A 64GB Class 10 from Amazon is approx £26.  So if you need more storage, might be worth it?

Cheers

profile.country.GB.title
paulmc01
Explorer

Thanks Quinnicus,

I know the storage is expandable (and reasonably cheap) but yet again the US/Japan get more built in storage for the same price as UK.  Alsop, we only get the choice of 1 model.

P

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi paulmc01

I fully understand where your coming from.  Ive lived in Australia for most of my life, and Australians get a raw deal from almost every company on products.  Even console games were extortionate in price compared with the rest of the world. 

Unfortunately there is not much one can do.  Companies bring out different models or versions of that model depending upon the region.  Many are annoyed that the AV Receivers in the EU do not include blutooth, whereas in the US it does.

Cheers