Join now - be part of our community!

NWZ-X Series 1050/60 Youtube issue.

profile.country.en_GB.title
andoneil7
Visitor

NWZ-X Series 1050/60 Youtube issue.

Dear Sony,

I'm really disappointed in the lack of support for a premium product such as the NWZ-X1050. I invested in the walkman thinking an expensive product of Sony would be well supported. Youtube playback is now out of date. Sony Support say I should refer to the specification in the manual and what is/what is not supported. Why is there no update to the firmware or supported types of video that are now the MAJORITY in Youtube.

The MP3 player still has potential to be great, just a few updates to the keyboard and of course Youtube.

You support the newer formats on recent models so why disregard the loyal investors in your company?

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
bigmalc0
Explorer

I agree, Surely it can not be so difficult for Sony to provide a s/w update to resolve this issue.

The message 'Cannot play, file format is not supported' when I try to play a youtube vidio should be resolved for the NWZ-X1050 users.

Bigmalc0

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there

Your question might be better directed to the YouTube/Google forums are they are ultimately responsible for their software and which platforms to support.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/youtube/categories

Cheers