Join now - be part of our community!

Anyone got similar split JPG exposure?

SOLVED
profile.country.fi_FI.title
Mark_Q
Visitor

Anyone got similar split JPG exposure?

I was doing some test shooting with my A77 and experienced quite a shock as one of the JPGs was split as you can see the attached resized file. So far this is one occasion, something never happened with my other cameras as my old R1. I'm quite worried whenever this error were the first sign of something gonna go wrong. The memory card I was using is SanDisk Extreme SDHC UHS-I 16GB Card, which has served me very well this far (after this occasion too).

Please share your experience or case you have read, seen or heard about. I have contacted the local Sony Service shop but am curious to know how unique this error may be. Thank you.

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Mark_Q
Visitor

I just got email from local Sony Service shop, which made me to double check. This problem file was still on my memory card and appeared as error free on A77's display. For fransfering files to my PC I usually use Adobe Bridge. This time copied this one file with Windows Explorer and it truly is correctly captured and saved.

Nothing to do with A77, in other words.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mark_Q
Visitor

I just got email from local Sony Service shop, which made me to double check. This problem file was still on my memory card and appeared as error free on A77's display. For fransfering files to my PC I usually use Adobe Bridge. This time copied this one file with Windows Explorer and it truly is correctly captured and saved.

Nothing to do with A77, in other words.

profile.country.en_GB.title
Mick2011
New

Hi Mark, welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

That's an interesting error but my guess is that it's a one-off glitch. I can't recall ever using a DSLR/T for any length of time and not having the odd weird frame... obviously, if there are other anomalies occurring on a regualr basis there may be a systemic problem you should certainly get checked out.

FWIW that looks like a shutter issue to me, rather than data transfer etc. Are you able to reproduce the error using the same settings?

Mick

Mark_Q
Visitor

Hello Mick,

Thanks for your welcoming words and thoughts about this issue.

As I already wrote in my second post this particular JPG was still on my memory card and my second look at it while mounted on my A77 displayed error free capture. To be sure I put this card to card reader and transfered it for the second time: all well and fine with that file.

I got my lesson here: instead of getting worried right away when something goes wrong - double check! Adobe Bridge might been the problem maker, as I see it now.