Join now - be part of our community!

Batteries on A55 and HDR-CX105E

SOLVED
profile.country.no_NO.title
at1145
Visitor

Batteries on A55 and HDR-CX105E

I have bought a Sony HDR-CX105E videocamera a long time ago. Now I'm planning to buy a Sony Alpha SLT-A55 camera too. They do not have the same batteries, but they are both in the NP-series of batteries. Will they work together? The two batteries are NP-FW50 and the NP-FH70

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello at1145 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, even though they are from the same series of batteries, they will have different dimensions and therefore your camcorder battery will not be compatible with your intended camera. If you take a look at the two batteries .....

..... you will see that the NP-FH70 (right) is far thicker than the NP-FW50 (left).

Having said all of this, once you have your new camera I would suggest shopping around online as you should be able to find a good deal on spare batteries for either device :smileyhappy:.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.en_GB.title
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello at1145 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, even though they are from the same series of batteries, they will have different dimensions and therefore your camcorder battery will not be compatible with your intended camera. If you take a look at the two batteries .....

..... you will see that the NP-FH70 (right) is far thicker than the NP-FW50 (left).

Having said all of this, once you have your new camera I would suggest shopping around online as you should be able to find a good deal on spare batteries for either device :smileyhappy:.

Thanks,

Simon

profile.country.no_NO.title
at1145
Visitor

Ok then:smileyhappy:

Thanks for very fast answer! :smileygrin: