Join now - be part of our community!

Compact Flash Card

SOLVED
dslr-100
New

Compact Flash Card

I have a A100 with 1.04 firmware. Is the max size of CF Card that I can use is 4GB? If I insert a larger one will it only use 4GB?

Thanks

gerry

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi DSLR-100,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

According to the Sony support pages it looks like your A100 supports upto 8GB CF cards, click the following link for more details - What Compact Flash cards are compatible with the α100?

However I read on the ClubSnap forum that apparently Sony stated that the A100 can support upto 16GB but I can not find anything officially on any of the Sony sites..

a100.JPG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi DSLR-100,

welcome to the Sony User Community Forum..:smileyhappy:

According to the Sony support pages it looks like your A100 supports upto 8GB CF cards, click the following link for more details - What Compact Flash cards are compatible with the α100?

However I read on the ClubSnap forum that apparently Sony stated that the A100 can support upto 16GB but I can not find anything officially on any of the Sony sites..

a100.JPG

dslr-100
New

Thanks for the welcome & reply.

Do Sony personnal respond on here?

Ta

profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

The Sony Community is primarily a user support forum & almost all of the replies are from users like ourselves but occasionally Sony staff do respond but it can't be guaranteed..

If you want an official reply to a question then it's best to contact Sony direct via the following link - Contact Sony support

dslr-100
New

Thanks