Join now - be part of our community!

How can I view the videos from my sony nex 5 on my ipad?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Mpatel123
Visitor

How can I view the videos from my sony nex 5 on my ipad?

I have a sony nex 5 and the new ipad. I cant figure out a way of viewing my videos on the ipad. Any help would be appreciated.

Tags (3)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Mpatel123 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

If you already have iTunes installed on your Windows PC or Mac, there is a feature built-in to this software that will create an iPad compatible version of existing videos. As long as iTunes is able to read the video clips that are taken from your Nex-5, you can then convert them to an iPad friendly format and iTunes will then be able to 'sync' the video to your iPad. There is more information about this process on the Apple website:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1497?viewlocale=en_US

I have a family member who owns an iPad and in the past, I have helped them out with some video issues. There is a free app that I have installed called CinexPlayer which may still be available in the app store that will read a larger number of formats than the standard iPad video player.

If you get any problems with this, please let me know the exact filenames of the videos that you have recorded with your camera and moved onto your computer (including the file type / extension after the '.') and I will look into this further for you.

Thanks,

Simon

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
blaireau_photo
Visitor

Hello Mpatel123 - Welcome to the Sony Forums :slight_smile:

If you already have iTunes installed on your Windows PC or Mac, there is a feature built-in to this software that will create an iPad compatible version of existing videos. As long as iTunes is able to read the video clips that are taken from your Nex-5, you can then convert them to an iPad friendly format and iTunes will then be able to 'sync' the video to your iPad. There is more information about this process on the Apple website:

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1497?viewlocale=en_US

I have a family member who owns an iPad and in the past, I have helped them out with some video issues. There is a free app that I have installed called CinexPlayer which may still be available in the app store that will read a larger number of formats than the standard iPad video player.

If you get any problems with this, please let me know the exact filenames of the videos that you have recorded with your camera and moved onto your computer (including the file type / extension after the '.') and I will look into this further for you.

Thanks,

Simon