Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
marco_polo_12345
Explorer

Now that it's actually fired up, the sound is crackly?  

Tried switching it off and on again, but it still sounds the same?

EDIT: To be accurate, it's a horrible metallic echo.  Even does it on the home screen when it 'pings' to say I've selected something.

davidgv1
Explorer

Take it back and get a full refund. The sooner everybody exposes this equipment as useless, the sooner the issues will get resolved.

I had a no quibble refund, then reported this to watch dog. Can I suggest you do the same?

Sent from my iPad
marco_polo_12345
Explorer

Had enough. :angry:  Just fired off an email to John Lewis asking for a Samsung UE43J5500 in it's place, finger crossed they'll sort me out asap.

Sony, you've lost yourself a life-long customer.

ramala
Explorer

Yes.  Recently purchased Model KD-55X8507C.  The Action Menu appears when I press the Action Menu button on the remote but more often than not when I press individual settings from that such as "Picture", "3D' etc there is no response even if I have allowed enough time for the Action Menu to fully boot up.  I have to go through the "Home" Menu to change TV settings or reset the TV as you have had to do.  

I have had a number of issues with the TV and have been dealing with Sony Support but not on this issue - at least not so far.  Standard reponse from Sony Support seems to be to refer you to the TV Manual and getting them to deal with the issues I have already raised has, for the moment, stretched my patience to its limit.

ramala
Explorer

Yes.  Recently purchased Model KD-55X8507C.  The Action Menu appears when I press the Action Menu button on the remote but more often than not when I press individual settings from that such as "Picture", "3D' etc there is no response even if I have allowed enough time for the Action Menu to fully boot up.  I have to go through the "Home" Menu to change TV settings or reset the TV as you have had to do.  

I have had a number of issues with the TV and have been dealing with Sony Support but not on this issue - at least not so far.  Standard reponse from Sony Support seems to be to refer you to the TV Manual and getting them to deal with the issues I have already raised has, for the moment, stretched my patience to its limit.

Tags (1)
profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

Hi all,

Hope you all had a good weekend. I have just been down to see our TV guys and they told me we are on track for the moment for the release of this week's Mid-week update.

The update will hopefully contain some improvements for the items reported (TV/radio button, Audio support, etc), overall stability improvements and will also bring some new features like the internet browser, PlayStation Now, Bluetooth/USB keyboard support & settings and Playmemories Online.

I don't have the full list as such of all things part of the update but will keep you informed when the update is available. 

Have a nice week.

Kindest regards

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
Deanfeuillade

Cheers Nico

It would be great to actually be able to view in 3D as well but there are no glasses that will pair after the last update.

I have been in to a Sony retailer and they tried every pair of glasses they had in stock and couldn't get any to pair to the display TV's.
profile.country.GB.title
theshamelessmanc

when you say adio support, does that mean Netflix 5.1? 

profile.country.en_GB.title
tweety2b
Ex Commander (Was always on)

If I would know I would have specified more. I am sorry but that's what I have for now.

Cheers

Nico

Nico Henderijckx
(ex-Sony employee - fanboy forever)
Sdroid

Hi Nico, do you know what Tvdotaction (com.sony.dtv.scrums.action) do?
Have a huge problem with the cpu usage of this app