Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
MasaruIbuka
Explorer

It's this simple: just push the Print Screen button on a keyboard (bluetooth or USB, doesn't matter).

profile.country.GB.title
Stevevalo

Does anyone know how to get subtitles to work on these TVs?

Set up is Movie on NAS with subtitle file with same name, I know it work as I have a 5 year old Samsung UE55D8000 and it and you can turn the subtitles on or off. 

profile.country.GB.title
jwq001

@Stevevalo wrote:

Does anyone know how to get subtitles to work on these TVs?

Isn't it simply a matter of pressing the subtitle button on the remote ?

profile.country.GB.title
psp888

anyone got a solution for the ultra choppy playback from Amazon Instant Video app, it's hardly watchable

profile.country.GB.title
Stevevalo

No, its not as simple as pressing the subtitle button on the remote.
profile.country.GB.title
nickbaker66
Explorer

Have you tried using VLC player that handles subtitles really well
profile.country.en_GB.title
petsmart

HI All,

I have noted before my issues with a reciever plugged into HDMI ARC with several bits of hardware connected to the reciever. (SKY, PS4 etc)

When switching inputs sky always tends to work but when I switch to PS4 it works the first time (from when the TV is powered on) but after that i just get a blank picture. so example i switch back to sky and then to ps4 and it just shows a blank screen. i have tried all the bravia sync settings etc and nothing seems to fix it. I have seen others report this but what i wanted to know is if you are still having the issues?

After months of emails sony has called me to pick up my TV and take it to a repair center for investigation.As you can imagine im actually not happy about this as it means no TV for an unknown time. I dont want to send it off if its a software issue but understnadabilly if its a hardware issue then fine.

i would appriciate any feedback on this.

edited to note its a 55x8509

profile.country.en_GB.title
gamorga69
Explorer

Re: 2015 Bravia Android TV Issues[ New ]

anyone got a solution for the ultra choppy playback from Amazon Instant Video app, it's hardly watchable

I've reset the TV and it sorts the playback out.

What I would like to know is when will the Amazon app get fixed so that the local dimming acctually works in it. Absolutely ridiculous that local dimming is failing in the Amazon app.

dspencer999

Just purchased an KD55X8509C; sucked in like everyone else on the Android Operating System.

Very glad I didn't purchase sooner, having read some of your problems on here.

A few questions though;

1) When a scene comes on that has a lot of pinks in it, the faces of everyone in the shot go bright pink themselves! The latest Lidl advert is a great example of this.

2) Does anyone have ideal picture settings for this TV that they can share?

3) Plex - having the problem others have suffered where it states that the server isn't fast enough. Have tried turning off Direct Stream, to no avail. Any other ideas? I've never had problems before with my Plex server, and it works fine using the Serenity App.

4) Staggered to discover that ITV player, 4oD and 5 Player aren't compatible. I know YouView is on the way late August, but am I right in thinking that only gives access to the last 7 days? Obviously apps like 4oD go back several weeks in certain cases.

Thanks in advance!

P.S. Samsung SSG-4100GB 3D glasses work fine on this TV, and only cost £14.95 from Amazon.

Abercrombie

I posted calibrated settings a couple of weeks ago.

http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/by-brand/sony/x850c/settings

Sent from my iPhone