Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.nl_NL.title
tcviper
Explorer

It's a Mediatek MT5890, ARM Cortex A17 cpu-cores and a Mali-T624-gpu. 

You can use a tool like Teamviewer for AndroidTV to figure out what CPU is in an Android device :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Rush8080
Explorer

Download the app called aida64 from TVs App Store. It gives you all the details like cpu memory hard disk etc
profile.country.GB.title
jwq001

Spoiler

Or download the app "AIDA64" from the store....

edit: someone beat me to it :slight_smile:

Sdroid

Download aida 64 and see for yourself
elraouk

Thanks. Yet again Sony skimp on the hardware with a dual core processor. Wouldn't be so bad if they had decent software. 
Would love to know what's eating 1.3gb of ram.  So much crap I wish I could uninstall from the TV. 
elraouk

File that wouldn't play today
Format : Matroska
Format version : Version 2
File size : 6.56 GiB
Duration : 1h 35mn
Overall bit rate : 9 784 Kbps

Video
ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : High@L4.1
Format settings, CABAC : Yes
Format settings, ReFrames : 5 frames
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Bit rate : 8 275 Kbps
Width : 1 920 pixels
Height : 800 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.40:1
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.225
Stream size : 5.42 GiB (83%)
Writing library : x264 core 116 r2037 f8ebd4a

Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No

Audio
ID : 2
Format : DTS
Format/Info : Digital Theater Systems
Mode : 16
Format settings, Endianness : Big
Codec ID : A_DTS
Bit rate mode : Constant
Bit rate : 1 509 Kbps
Channel(s) : 6 channels
Channel positions : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth : 24 bits
Compression mode : Lossy
Stream size : 1.01 GiB (15%)
Language : English
Default : Yes
Forced : No
andrewsoong

So much bloat from Sony using up most the ram. Not good, especially with the stuff still to come. So many apps running by default that I'd rather not have.

I wonder if there'll ever be custom ROMs for these sets?

I'd turn off direct play/stream to put the load on your PC instead of the TV.
elraouk

Direct stream and direct play are both off and it still doesn't work. 
Server doesn't seem to have any load on it (1 or 2%).
Same file streams to plex on my android phone (lg g4) just fine. 
julfeath
Explorer

@tweety2b or anyone help

How do I find out what the processor is in my KD49X8305CBU

Also on Sony's website for this tv is states there will be a firmware update in Oct for Freesat

Is this possible as I thought once a tv has 1 tumer that is it.

We do have something called preffered satelite and have put that on, but it is a nightmare there are 100's of channels, none in order like 10 BBC one's etc, we tried to move them around and put the rubbish ones far back but will not work properly, we tried to delete the useless ones, but the space and channel number still appears, also there is no info showing on the guide so you have to guess what is on the tv

This was the teason we bought this make for the "freesat" but were not told about the lack of tv guide info or the 100's of duplicated tv channels

I have only had this tv a day and am beginning to wonder why I bought it. I am thinking of taking back this tv and just going back to my old Panasonic tv until companies get tv's sorted before they release them.

We had 2 Curved Samsung 6510 tv's and those had awful lip sync issues on both Freesat and freeview. Luckily we had our TV's from John Lewis

danielbeyzade

I am in the same boat in regards to no guide for UK satellite although mine does order the channels. BBC1 HD, BBC2, ITV, CH4 etc so there is definately some kind of support.

Can you provide the link where it says there is an update for freesat in Oct?

Cheers

Daniel