Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
profile.country.GB.title
Drpepper970

Yes, I'm in the UK with the same model as mrlizard. Hadn't read the thread for a few days so knew nothing of the delay and manually checked. It's still optimising apps but I'll post firmware number when it's done

lesking70

Typical!! Been at home all day, come to work and update releases, fingers crossed for everyone doing the update, hopefully a step in the rite direction! 

profile.country.GB.title
Drpepper970

OK so now on android version 5.1.1 and build no. Spv4kdtv15 5.1.1 LMY48E.S91 2.605

EggDublin

Typical. Had the TV back in it's box to return this evening. Updating now. Seems like a big one

profile.country.GB.title
ZombieFried777

It's no wonder sony can't communicate with its customers they can't even communicate in house to its own people and get the message right. 

profile.country.GB.title
Drpepper970

@Brigante01 wrote:

If anyone's got a KD(43 or 49)X830C and can update could you check Settings - External Inputs - HDMI Signal Format - Enhanced (this one should would be a new setting)

Thanks!!

Enhanced format is now an option! 

Twobins

Checking the John Lewis site for these Sony Android TVs. Most of these models they sell are now listed as being out of stock. I reckon they have pulled them until Sony sorts it out. Sony are bound to be under pressure from the retailers who sell these.Have Sony been pushed to put something out today as they promised they would do?

Brigante01

YESSS thank you!! and thank you Sony, better late than never!

profile.country.GB.title
rsebre

When disscussing it with the team today, they understand to a certain degree. But it would seem there are quite a few differences between the same series in different locals.:smileyplain:

we talked of it for quite sometime and understand were several months behind really on the firmware.

But to be honest, it also comes down to intel and the hdmi specification group to also implement their builds also.

What would make me happy is if I can get it too update the NFC Stack next, as 4.2 has some major advantages.

But I'm serious about unicode. I can see the Cam Module becoming a housing for an intergarated device I really can.:smileyinfo:

Too the other members on here whom where bashing the software engineers please say Sorry.:smileygeek:

The last firmware I built is still being used right now. No errors...:smileyinfo:

I worked with a Russian and an American, and none of us where never even allowed to know each others names. The NDA was so strict, you get monitored. 

So thank you Sony for listening and implementing what code validated as per schedule.:smileyhappy:

kind regards

Richard

Sdroid

In this update HDR 5.1 in Netflix 4:4:4@60 And probably much more under the hood