Join now - be part of our community!

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

NickCo1979

2015 Bravia Android TV Issues

I thought I'd create a generic thread to cover off the issues being encountered on the 2015 Bravia Android TVs. I've listed my issues below with fixes / workarounds and responses from support. All comments and solutions welcome!

1) Hot Swap HDMI doesn't work - manifested by no input on HDMI channels 2, 3 and 4 on the KD-49X8305C. Workaround - reset the TV, either by holding down the remote power button for 5 seconds or by switching the TV off at the wall and then back on again. Further details on this thread: https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/kd-49x8305c-hdmi-2-3-4-inputs-not-working/td-p/1944435

2) HDD Recording doesn't work - error message states a system update is required but none is available when checking. Hopefully this will be fixed soon by a firmware update.

3) Netflix App doesn't work - this seems like the app has been deliberately disabled. So far a support case has only recommended that a factory reset be performed (took two days to get to that cracking piece of advice.....), with no improvement as a result. A temporary (albeit for advanced users only) workaround is provided by MikeLothian on this thread - https://community.sony.co.uk/t5/televisions/netflix-support-for-kd55x8509c-android-tv/td-p/1945360 

4) Sound lag and performance issues after the TV (KD-49X8305C) has been on standby for a while - manifested for me as stuttering and sound / picture sync issues in all apps (youtube, amazon instant video etc) and HDMI sources (PS4, seperate YouView box etc). Hopefully this will be fixed in a firmware update, at the moment workarounds involve either changing channels to get the sync to work or in my case having to turn the TV off and then on again at the socket.

As stated previously, all comments welcome. Personally I'm willing to give Sony a couple of weeks to fix this, but if it's not done soon I'll be sending my new TV back for a refund as it's not really fit for purpose.

6,373 REPLIES 6,373
frankie1g

It's only at uhd can take upto an hours viewing for it to start.when the sky installer sets it up I bet he only sets it to 1080i.at first.tel him to set it to uhd at the beginning.by the time he has finished it will be all over the place. Then he can see it and report it to sky.then if you want rid of q you can say it never worked from install.

Sent from my Samsung device
chrgray

@petsmart The issue is best illustrated with this video - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-myt8ZoVvY

The juddering happens as soon as I turn the TV on from standby, whenever you set the Sky Q output to 2160p, either 8-bit or 10-bit.  Happens on any content, be it SD or HD.  The only resolution is to either keep resetting your TV when it happens, or set Sky Q to output 1080i, but obviously then you can't get the benefit of the Sky Q UHD content.

As to when this will be fixed.  I've spent a week, as have John Lewis, trying to get this answer from Sony, including at higher management levels, all to no avail 😞  At least Sony have offered me financial compensation.

profile.country.en_GB.title
petsmart

thanks for the information @chrgray. I'm very surprised to hear that sony have offered compensation for this!

hankmarvin107

@chrgray

Tell us more, I have been offered a longer warranty or a full refund.

What have they offered as I would say most of us who have had these issues are also entitiled.  (Make sure you bank you compensation quickly)

frankie1g

Compensation really 

sassbs
Explorer

at least you are still speaking to Sony since the person dealing with me went on Maternity leave I haven't been able to reach anyone about the issues, emails to the escalation team go unaswered.

Utterly feed up with the lack of information and support from Sony and the current Sky/BT issue is a joke and shows these TV's need to be recalled.

I am seriously thinking of next week filling a lawsuit against Sont UK for the Fraud that is being perpetuated with the TV's.

frankie1g

J lewis washed.thier hands of this.TV when I. Told them about the uhd issue.I. thought shall.I go in.look at the 2016 tv and say loudly by the way they can't do sky bt uhd

UKPiglet

JL refunded me for my Sony when I sent them a formal small claims warning letter giving them 7 days to sort things out. They know the problems...
frankie1g

Ok Whole day In sky uhd mode no judder pixels uhd no problem what happened sky fix?

Any news regarding the promised Marshmallow update coming this month? Postponed to 2017? :laughing: