Join now - be part of our community!

43XF8796

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
Nobbyian
Explorer

43XF8796

I having issues with this TV constantly losing then re connecting to the Internet .I have no issues with the Broadband as all other equipment operates ok. The TV is connected via wifi,it has the latest firmware download installed. I contacted Sony Support & was informed it was a software problem & the Engineers are working on a solution,does anybody else have the same issue? Or do they have a solution. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Handyandyxf9005

A fee people on a forum I'm on have this issue with a similar model. They fixed it by turning off ipv6 on their router. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Handyandyxf9005

A fee people on a forum I'm on have this issue with a similar model. They fixed it by turning off ipv6 on their router. 

profile.country.GB.title
Nobbyian
Explorer

Thanks for the Heads up on this ,I've turned off the ivp6 as you suggested & can confirm it has worked fine since. I am not familiar with all this tech stuff so I have a question ,how will this affect the performance of my Broadband,security etc. Sorry to be an old fool but this is all strange to me . Once again thank you for your help.

profile.country.GB.title
Handyandyxf9005

I'm not techy by any stretch but I believe it has something to do with Internet addressing.

Internet addresses are a string of numbers e.g www.google.com is actually 64.233.160.0 (this is one of many Google ip addresses). 

Ipv4 addresses are XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX which only has a limited number of combinations and we are running out of them. So they introduced ipv6 which is XXXX.XXXX.XXXX.XXXX.XXXX.XXXX.XXXX.XXXX Ipv6 allows more addresses on the net.

A Dns resolves Google.Com into the numbers for us because Google.com is easier to remember than a bunch of numbers.

So for turning ipv6 off, you may find some sites unreachable if they are on ipv6 only. Ipv6 is new (ish) so not widely adopted.

As for security I'm not sure and wouldn't like to comment on that.

Performance impact, probably none. 

I must say that turning it off effects all devices on you home WiFi not just your TV. You can leave it off and see how you go.

Does you router have any option something like "prefer Ipv4 over ipv6"? You could try that if it does and report back how you get on.

profile.country.GB.title
Nobbyian
Explorer

Hi I have checked my router & it doesn't have the option you described,however all my other internet connections,eg: Phone,IPad etc all appear to be working fine with no issues,also the TV no longer randomly drops & reconnects to the Internet,so I'm well impressed with your solution cheers Buddy.