Join now - be part of our community!

55AG8 tv - upper left and right screen dents

profile.country.GB.title
SF0000
Explorer

55AG8 tv - upper left and right screen dents

Has anyone else noticed small dents top left and right of the front face of the tv screen? Wonder if these are inherent in manufacturing process (over-tightening of retainer or pressure points from assembly? Clearly visible in reflected light. Returned 3 TVs all with the same ‘defect’ before giving up finding a pristine one.... Could this just be a batch problem or are there others out there like this??

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
stormyuk
Expert

Can you take a photograph to highlight the issue? I don't recall seeing this problem reported before with the AG8.

profile.country.GB.title
RussT66
New

Recently taken delivery of my new 55AG8 and after a few days have noticed 2 circular indentations approx 2-3 inches in diameter in the top left and right corners of the screen.  Doesn't seem to affect the picture when TV is operating normally, but can clearly see a warping effect when TV is off or picture is dark.  Considering whether to report as a fault/defect or not, as not sure if it is a packaging/transportation issue or a widely-accepted feature of the manufacturing process.

profile.country.GB.title
royabrown2
Hero

@RussT66 

It’s supposed to be a flat-screen TV. The clue is in the name 😛

My favourite bedtime reading is a Sony product manual…