55XD8599 Satellite Tuner Option 'Greyed Out'

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
iaduncaf
Explorer

55XD8599 Satellite Tuner Option 'Greyed Out'

Hi folks

Hope someone can help.

Just got my new 55XD8599 and I'm trying to setup Satellite/Freesat inside Settings>Channel SetUp>Digital Setup

I can see a lsit, running from top - bottom:

Digital Tuning

Subtitle set-up

Audio set-up

Guide set-up

Technical set-up

Satellite set-up

CA Module set-up

CA Module Pin

Delete Service (List)

Everywhere from Satellite set-up downwards is greyed out.

When I first turned on the TV and went through the install process I was prompted to set-up the my satellite tuner then. I had previously plugged in my dual LNB cables to the back of the tv and it took about 25mins to go through finding 800+ services.

The feed still works in the Humax Freesat STB that they were previously used in.

When I press the input button on the handset I get no option to view the satellite/Freesat tuner - just Digital and all the various HDMI/Scart/Component options.

Anyone any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks for and help/avice you might be able to give.

IanD

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
iaduncaf
Explorer

No, I didn't know about the 'disable YouView' mode... which I have now done. I now have the Satellite tuned in without a problem. Thank you for the steer.

BTW - I have other Sony products (cameras) that come with pretty detailed user guides covering virtually every menu/submenu. The hardcopy Reference Guide and the online info seems fairly scant. Is this par for the course with Sony TVs? 

Once again, thanks for your help and the suggestions of others leading up to the 'fix'.

View solution in original post

profile.country.GB.title
Gladholm
Explorer

Greyed  Out “Satellite Tuning” NOW SHOWS after this power off reset. Thanks

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi

Goto Home - Settings - External inputs - Manage inputs - General satellite and select General satellite, not the Hidden option.

profile.country.GB.title
iaduncaf
Explorer

Thanks MiCal1967

Followed your instructions and made the General Satellite 'Unhidden'.

Sure enough, General Satellite is now an option when pressing the input button on the remote.

However, when chosen it prompts for a search of channels and then defaults to the Digital Set up page alluded to previously and the Satelitte setp remains, stubbornly, greyed out and unchoosable (is that a word?).

Any further suggestions?

Cheers

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Hi @iaduncaf

Try this:

Goto Home - Settings - Channel setup - Digital setup - Satellite Set-up - Digital Satellite Tuning - (say Yes) - (press Next) - (select Reset Satellite Settings) - (say Yes)

Then

Satellite tuner mode selection - Fixed Antenna or DisSEqC - (select No if you have only one cable from Dish on your TV) - (press OK)

Then

Digital Satellite Tuning - (select Yes) - (select Antenna Configuration) - (mine is Fixed Antenna or DiSEqc) - (press Next) - (select Satellite 1) (don't care if it says Astra or other) - (must be ON) and (select LNB Configuration) - (set DiSEqC Control to A) - go back pressing twice to Satellites and press Start.

If you have two LNB feeds on your dish just set also Satellite 2 to ON and  set DiSEqC Control to B.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

Also know this:

If above search procedure finds no channels, then go back to Digital (DVB-T) and then try the whole procedure again.

This is an unsolved issue that I report since December 2015. First search attempt gives no channels after search if TV was reboot within Digital(DVB-T) or was removed from mains within Digital(DVB-T).

profile.country.IT.title
Marino.Manolo
Genius

@iaduncaf, have you Rebooted Android TV?:

Soft reset

• Press and hold the Power button on the remote until the "Power off" message appears/ is displayed (approx. 5 seconds)
  • Release the Power button when "Power off" message appears on-screen
  • The TV will begin a reboot sequence and will restart automatically (approx. 1 minute)

Manolo

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@iaduncaf

And I suppose you also know this about YouView :

https://support.youview.com/articles/Self_Service_FAQ/Why-are-Satellite-services-not-available-in-Yo...

"Sony TV’s support a range of other functionality that are implemented by Sony and its other partners. Sony TV’s in the range support reception of satellite delivered channels, however this functionality is separate from the YouView on Sony experience.

Users who wish to access satellite as a separate function would have to disable YouView mode to allow this functionality."

profile.country.GB.title
iaduncaf
Explorer

No, I didn't know about the 'disable YouView' mode... which I have now done. I now have the Satellite tuned in without a problem. Thank you for the steer.

BTW - I have other Sony products (cameras) that come with pretty detailed user guides covering virtually every menu/submenu. The hardcopy Reference Guide and the online info seems fairly scant. Is this par for the course with Sony TVs? 

Once again, thanks for your help and the suggestions of others leading up to the 'fix'.

profile.country.GR.title
MiCal1967
Contributor

@iaduncaf

You 're welcome.

Yes it is true that the Reference guides are poor for all Televisions. I don't know why they do so.

profile.country.GB.title
Gladholm
Explorer

Greyed  Out “Satellite Tuning” NOW SHOWS after this power off reset. Thanks