Join now - be part of our community!

55XH9505 lip sync problems with Amazon Prime Video

profile.country.GB.title
tburton76
Explorer

55XH9505 lip sync problems with Amazon Prime Video

Hi All. Just bought a XH9505 TV - great telly but I've noticed using the Amazon Prime Video app has lip sync issues for all programs from both external and internal speakers. I do not have any issues from Sky Q, Netflix (Sony TV app) or Disney+ (Sony TV app). Have others come across this? What has been the fix?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Pascale_F

Hi tburton76,

Welcome to the community. You could try performing a soft reset on your XH95 Android TV to see if that helps? 

Cheers,

Pascale

profile.country.GB.title
tburton76
Explorer

Hi. I have already completed soft and factory resets without them making any difference.
profile.country.GB.title
merseyswine

I don’t know if this helps but I sometimes have lip sync problems when watching Netflix via my Sony 55AG9 TV and Samsung Q90R sound system. It only happens after I have been on pause for a while (eg to answer the phone). What I do is I hit the back button a couple of times to get to the Netflix home menu and then navigate from there back to the content that I was watching. That solves the lip sync problem until the next time.

profile.country.GB.title
tburton76
Explorer

I’ll give this a go and report back in a few days.
profile.country.GB.title
DBworcs

Same problem on my 49XG9005. None of the other apps or inputs have any lip-sync issues, just Prime Video. One look at the Amazon Forum suggests it might be a problem for more than just Sony TVs and Amazon are refusing to look into it. Something to do with the quality of the synching in the embedded audio, I think. It's very frustrating.