Join now - be part of our community!

AG9 TV Idle mode bug...

profile.country.GB.title
theviewer1985
Explorer

AG9 TV Idle mode bug...

Hey guys,

So I get the message appearing that says TV will go idle if unused. I KNOW this can be turned off in ECO settings... buts its a very good feature to have - if I fall asleep, or walk away and forget - I'd like to know the tv will turn off.

What I don't want is for the stupid TV to tell me it's going idle, when I am in the middle of watching a film on Apple TV... or playing on my PS4. I consider this a bug.

Is there a fix? Is it just me? 

Cheeeeeeeers :slight_smile:

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

And how would you like your TV to guess you are not sleeping if not by touching its own remote?

profile.country.GB.title
theviewer1985
Explorer

Ermm because I'm not playing the PlayStation or watching a film. I didn't think I would need to explain that...

I can literally be clicking buttons on my Apple TV remote, browsing around and it pops up saying going to Idle mode. So I am sorry if you disagree with this.. but that is super, super dumb software design.

The LG manages to know when it is in use fine... as did my smart TV before that.

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

No need to be hilarious if someone is trying to understand what you are looking for in order to try to help. In any case if you are sure that your previous TVs could detect it I have no way to test it, but I'm not able to understand how a TV can understand the difference of a video/audio flow from a connected device whether you are interacting with it or not....

profile.country.GB.title
theviewer1985
Explorer

Yeah sorry, I'll take the "hilarious" tone back. As it was the first and only sentence I got from you at the time, I thought you were trying to be condescending and or dismissive of my reported fault. My Bad! :slight_smile:

If I don't hear from anyone else about this, I'll just turn off the ECO mode. It's not life or death.. just useful if working the way my old TV did. :slight_smile:

profile.country.IT.title
rooobb
Expert

👌